RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Welcome Taylor Jayne

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcome Taylor Jayne

Well, we would have posted this yesterday, but we were experiencing some technical difficulties at the hospital!
Here's our babe, Taylor Jayne!! We are soooo excited she is finally here and could not be more smitten or in love with this precious girl! She weighed in at 7 lb. 15 oz. and 21 inches long. She is long and skinny and has these really long feet and toes! So cute! She has strawberry blond hair and the most adorable dimple on her right cheek! She is healthy as can be and she and mom are both doing really well! I think we are both feeling a whole lot better than we were yesterday!

The day was LONG to say the least. We got to the hospital at 7:30 and water was broken and pitocin started at 8:30. Within about 10 minutes the contractions were coming very hard and close together so the nurses and doctor were saying that this would probably be a really fast labor. I was thrilled! But then...nothing. The dialtion process was just not progressing very fast and it seemed that it took hours to get anywhere. I know this is to be expected, especially with your first, but they got it into my head that it was going to be fast so the progression was a little disappointing! At about noon, Taylor's heartbeat started to become a little unusual and even kept getting lost, so they did an internal monitor and determined that the cord was wrapped somewhere around her, and the eratic heartbeat was due to her squeezing it or sitting on it or something. This was the first time mention of C-section was brought up and I was freaked. Not because there is necessarily anything wrong with C-section, but because I hadn't really mentally prepared myself for that option. There were some issues with Tay's blood pressure as well, so I got to wear the fun oxygen mask for about 6 hours! Soooo annoying! After the afternoon spent away with not much change, the talk of C-section was becoming more frequent, but my doc said he would do everything he could to try and not have to do that. FINALLY at about 6:00 pm, I got to 10 and was able to start pushing (which felt so good to push through those dang contractions). Tay was not moving down at all, so it got a little scary and the doctor finally said he would have to try the vacuum and then it would be a C-section if that didn't work. (Tay was just not doing well with the labor anymore). So, he sucked and I pushed and at 6:19 Taylor Jayne came into our world! YESSSS! And if I look sickeningly exhausted, I'm pretty sure I was! I sobbed as they whisked her away, so grateful that she was here, healthy, and mine! All I could see were her long feet and toes, but I could hear her cries and I knew she was safe! The whole experience is such a miracle, such a spiritual experience, and I am so overwhelmed with the gratitude and love I feel for this little girl. It brought back a lot of the feelings and emotions that rushed over me when Kaiya was born. How am I so lucky to have these two lives to care for?! I love every little tiny inch of Taylor and could eat her up every time she is in my arms! She is pretty dang special to us, I must say!
My sister was able to be at the delivery with me, and she filled in as a good aunt/nanny for the first bit after Tay was born because I had the shakes so bad and was dangerously delirious from no food and no sleep for about two days. I was sooooo grateful to have her there. She provided such HUGE moral and physical support and filled in pretty dang well for my mom! Taylor and Kaiya are lucky to have such a great aunt who has been such a huge help throughout everything! Speaking of my mom, she and my dad were able to Skype in all throughout the day (which unfortunately happened to be in the middle of the night for them!), so they were really able to be so apart of everything! It was really, really special! It was almost like they were literally right there in the room with us! I'm so grateful for modern technology that allows to be so close, even when they are far away! This was such a huge blessing for us, and hopefully for them as well! I also have to give a HUGE thank you to Ashley, who drove all the way up with her kids to come stay with Kaiya for the day. It was such a blessing to not have to worry about Kaiya once during the day because I knew she was in such good hands! It really did help us a TON and we are so thankful for that!
Chris was AWESOME throughout the everything as well. He has this rare and special calming effect on me that made everything feel ok yesterday. He made me laugh when I needed to laugh and he was so encouraging and sweet when I needed that. We were able to steal a sweet glance at each other when Taylor finally arrived -- that kind of look that says how grateful we are for this life that we created together, for the family we share together, and that we have each other. I will always remember that look in that particular moment. I am so grateful for all that he has done throughout this whole pregnancy and love him to death! He is such an incredible husband and an equally if not more amazing father to these little girls! So glad I get to share this all with him! Kaiya has taken really, really well to her little sister! She came to see her last night and was more curious than anything. But today, when Chris brought her to spend some time at the hospital with us, she was loving on Taylor so much! She wanted to hold her, to hug her, to give her kisses, and would get so excited when she would make noises and so sad when she would cry! She really wanted to push Tay's little cart around all over the place, but it was more like a crash course and I don't think sister wanted to be on that ride! I'm so proud of how well Kaiya is handling things and I hope this continues when we go home! Kaiya will be such a great big sister! It's pretty cute!
So, we are happy and grateful and just enjoying every bit of this whole experience. We feel so blessed and I honestly don't know if my heart could love these two little girls one ounce more! Welcome, welcome sweet Taylor Jayne!

28 Comments:

Blogger Chelley said...

Aww guys I am so very happy to see that Taylor has come into this world and everything is going well!!!

I love the family photo aww **tears**

blessings to all of you!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I'm so happy she made it here safe and sound and you didn't have to have the c-section. Sounds like a long day, but well worth it in the end.

She's adorable and you look amazing too.

Such a cute family!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Hooray for babies! Welcome to the world little Taylor. And big congrats to you Mom, Dad, and big Sis!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Felisha said...

I am so excited and glad that everything went ok and she is here and healthy. You look great, for just having a baby! (jealous)
Congrats to your family!

5:49 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

I'm SO happy for you guys! I kept peeking in yesterday & today to get an update.

Taylor is absolutely beautiful! What a little doll. You look so good, Karli and I'm glad that everything went okay.

I'm sitting here with Chloe on my lap and am reminded of her birth while I look at Taylor's pictures. What an absolute miracle these little babies are. How they develop and grow inside of us and then come out to be so complete. How anyone could not believe in God after witnessing a birth, would be a mystery to me.

Congrats, again! I love you so much and am SO very happy for you and your beautiful family.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Richelle said...

So glad she made it safe and sound. She is beautiful!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kalli said...

how fantastic is that?

She's absolutely beautiful, many many many happy congratulations to you and your gorgeous family.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

What a perfect little family. Taylor is more beautiful than I imagined she could be--she was amazing from the first moment!! Kaiya looks so loving and precious. Mom, did you have a baby 24 hours ago????? Dad looks pretty smitten!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Congratulations!!!! Oh she is so sweet! And so are you! good job, mom. And don't you look beautiful! I got the shakes really bad too. It was crazy! I am so thrilled for you guys. Get some rest.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I have been waiting all week for this post! She is so precious and so adorable and I am not just saying that! After my pregnancies I shake a lot also, the medicine does not like me. It feels strange to shake and you can not control it. That is wonderful that your parents and sister were able to be a part of it.

I have NEVER seen someone look so good after giving birth as you do. You have a glow about you. Congratulations to your whole family!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Holy freak, she's DAAAAARLING! Get some rest and then we're hanging out for REAL. I must see her.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Asplund Family said...

What a little angel! I can't wait to get my hands on her. So wish we could have come down yesterday but grateful we did not share our yucky germs with you and your beautiful little family! We will be down soon! Love you!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

So beautiful!!! Every single bit of it!!!

I think Taylor and Kaiya are exactly (almost to the day) of my first two girls, so I love seeing the pics because it reminds me of a few years back. So sweet. I'm so happy you are all healthy and ready for the next road of adventure! What a beautiful family you and Chris have!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Look at her! Congrats! You are a beautiful family!!!

Tiffany

8:59 PM  
Blogger britt said...

Karli I am so, so grateful I could be apart of this special experience. It was so different being on the other side, and part of the support system. I am impressed that you remembered all the details, despite the pain and "drugged-out" feeling you had!
I love you and am so proud of you. You did an amazing job mommy!!
And yes you do look fabulous. I couldn't beleive when I walked in your room this afternoon just how great you looked :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger britt said...

ps Taylor is such a beauty!! Just like her momma (and dad)

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to see your updated post!! Ohhhh, Taylor is so beautiful! I love the picture of her in Cris's arms, her eyes look so big and she looks so alert. And Kaiya, what a sweet big sister! I am so happy for your little family, what a blessing to have those sweet little girls in your home and in your heart. You are such a sweet mommy and a great example to me! Congrats again. Oh and I agree, you look fantastic!

10:03 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Your last two posts have just had me sitting here crying! I am so happy for you! Taylor is beautiful and Kaiya's little pig tails are just darling! Congrats!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

Welcome baby Taylor!!!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! I am so happy everything went well. And despite the labor it was pretty quick for a first child- just ask Julie who was in for like 23 hours YUCK. Anyway Taylor is so cute- and looks just like her parents:)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

She's DARLING! And seriously who looks that good after giving birth? Apparently you! SO impressed you're hair is done and you have make-up on. That took me like a week! Way to go! Savor up every moment...

8:14 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

oh, she is beautiful!!! we are so happy for you guys, what a special day for your family. karli you look great and chris you look like a proud daddy:) i wish i was there to love, hold that sweet baby girl.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congratulations! The joys of labor and childbirth for sure. It all pays off when you get to hold them in your arms. She is beautiful and we are so excited for you. I'm happy all went well and life is good!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful. The pictures are priceless. What a blessing.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! She looks so beautiful...I am sure she will be!

1:26 PM  
Blogger tamster17 said...

Congratulations! Your baby girl is adorable and I love the shot of your little family!

2:04 PM  
Blogger A Little Sass said...

Congratulations! You are a beautiful family. It seems like yesterday that Kaiya was that size! I am so glad everyone happy and healthy. Taylor is one lucky little girl!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

Way to go! She is adorable. I am so pleased for you and glad she is here, home, and healthy. Maybe I can see her in person when I visit UT this summer? Congratulations!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones