RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: 36 week update

Monday, April 20, 2009

36 week update

Well, we are at 36 weeks this week and we got to go have our final ultrasound this morning. Taylor was a GREAT sport and gave us the clearest facial close-up! The nurse took about 15 pictures because she said she actually NEVER sees the faces so clearly! We were pretty thrilled and it was pretty incredible! She was moving her mouth and and even had one of her feet in her hand up by her face! Oh, I am soooo in love with her, it is amazing! I am completely fascinated by the fact that one minute she is all squishied up inside and soon, she will be out, in my arms! Kaiya went with us to this ultrasound (she hasn't been at any of the others) and I'm sure she has no concept about what is happening, but she was giggling and talking and pointing the whole time! She was VERY excited! Maybe these two already have a special connection! It was heart-melting! My two little girls, meeting (kind-of) for the first time!
The doctor examined me today as well, and come to find out, I am much further along than he was expecting at this point. He is pretty sure I will be at least a little early. I am dialated to a 2, which is nothing really, but I am also 60% effaced and he says the baby is quite low. Which is baffling to me because I still have so much pain in my ribs! So, the next few weeks could be interesting -- we shall see! Maybe I will have a Mother's Day baby, seems appropriate! We were laughing because we are signed up for an all-day birthing class (yes, I realize we are doing this really late in the game) this Saturday, and wouldn't it be funny if we were the class visual aid, literally?! Let's hope not!
So, how do I feel at this point? Well, after today, Chris and I are both VERY excited! And of course, I'm very nervous as well, since I've never delivered a baby! But the things I am nervous about have to happen sooner or later, without exception, so why not shave off a few weeks of being uncomfortable?! Mainly, I just can't WAIT to meet this little girl and to hold her close. I can't wait to see what she looks like, smell her new baby smell, hear that cooing, and welcome her into our family!
I have the most adorable ultraosund pics, but I am feeling completely too lazy to go scan them in right now. But grandma, I will get them on here in the next few days, k?

8 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

How exciting! The next couple of months will be an adventure for sure. 60% efaced is really good, wow, it is getting closer and closer every day. So does this mean that you have been contracting??? I would totally be prepared for anything to happen. Ashley came a month early and she was perfectly fine and my delivery and recovery were better then with the other two.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Linds said...

That is so fun! Glad things are going so well. Can't wait to hear about it all. It has been fun going through this journey feeling it with you. We're schedule for our c-section the 13th of May barring I don't go early. Not a chance with either boy so we'll see. Can't wait to hear the news. Good luck with everything, it will be incredible!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I can't believe the day is so near. I'm sooooo happy for you guys. This is an exciting time! Your discomfort will soon be gone and you'll forget all about it!

9:36 PM  
Blogger britt said...

I too am so excited to meet this little grover girl, and curious to see what she will look like :)
we'll see if my prediction comes true? or yours?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! It is so exciting! At this point in my last 2 pregnancies, I was in having a c-section. Jacque was already born at this point. What a blessing that you are able to have this experience. My 2nd daughter, Hannah Kathleen was born on May 20, 2007 and Jeni Lynn was born on April 10, 2008. Yes, they are less than a year apart. That has been a real challenge, but, a lot of fun at the same time. I sure miss you and your family! Kathy (Lundeen) Collin

9:42 AM  
Blogger Bob and Becky said...

We are so excited for you and your delivery quickly approaching. Enjoy these precious moments with baby Kaiya because after baby Taylor is born..(this is my memory of our babies) she will seem so very big. I am excited to visit with your little family again...in 15 months, but who'se counting.

6:29 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

I am getting so excited! Can't wait to meet little Taylor. I'm going to guess she has some red hair.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ora said...

We're so excited for you and your family. I always wished the doc would've given me the great news that I was further along than I thought. Didn't happen.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones