RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: 34 weeks and coming quickly!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

34 weeks and coming quickly!

Anyone want to play some basketball? How about having some watermelon? Need a balloon for your party? Or maybe even an exercise ball to work out with? Apparently, I could supply any of those things, by the looks of my belly these days! Here we are at 34 weeks, in utter shock that we are just SIX weeks away from meeting little Tay-ter tot! OH MY! The update at 34 weeks is pretty much the same. Sleep is gone. Hands go numb after about 2 minutes in bed! Dreams are INSANE. Ribs hurt pretty much all day every day. And I lose my breath just sitting down, she is so pushed up against my diaphragm! BUT...I was laying in bed the other night (wide awake, of course) and the thought occured to me that although there are some things that are very uncomfortable at this stage, I literally would do anything or go through anything for this little girl. Perspective is a wonderfully important thing! My small discomforts are nothing in comparison to the miracle that is HER, and my complaints then feel very insignificant! I am growing a LIFE and as with all things that really matter, sometimes you have to feel a little ouch to be deserving of such HUGE blessings! I really feel so grateful beyond compare that I am having this experience, with ALL that it brings, because I remember what it feels like longing and dreaming of being right where I am at this very moment! What a wonderful twist of life!
I have to include this gem of a dream from last night, so I can remember it! So, I was dreaming that I was at my dear friend Ashley's house and Taylor was kicking up a storm. At one point, I looked down and I could see her footprint stretching out my stomach and then her hand and it was so vivid that I was freaking out showing Ash. Then, I looked down and I saw Taylor's HAND coming out of my stomach. Yeah, like her real hand! I was FREAKING! And there was Ash, calm as could be, and she says, "Oh that's totally normal. There is an invisible layer of skin holding her in, but it can totally look like she's coming out of your stomach. Don't worry!" I was AMAZED! Then, all the sudden, I start feeling really weird. My hands are on my stomach and I FEEL a body! Again, I'm freaking out and I tell Ashley to look under my shirt because I swear I feel her body and sure enough, she pulls up my shirt and there is Taylor! Ashley shouts with glee, "You had your baby! She's here!!" I look down, totally confused, because that is not how she is supposed to come out!! But there she is. AND she is already somehow wrapped in a blanket -- pretty sure they don't come out all bundled! AND she has jet black hair. AND I never felt a thing. AND Chris is not there, so I'm worried he's going to be mad that I didn't wait for him. I was so confused, I could not even speak. And woke up feeling even more confused! Seriously, these dreams are insane!!
So, yeah, SIX more weeks, give or take, and Taylor really will be here. Hopefully not anything close to the way I dream it's going to happen! Although, it may be nice to have her just SHOW UP and not have to feel a thing. Hmmm, not a bad way to give birth, huh?

11 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

You look awesome! Time has gone so quickly it's amazing. She will be here so soon!

1:49 PM  
Blogger The Moon's said...

I can't believe your little family is going to grow in a few weeks! You look adorable prego and I am so happy for you that you have both miracle girls in your life! So fun!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

That dream is hilarious. I had strange dream but never one like that. :) I love your cute basketball belly. It is so cute. :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That's HILARIOUS! Maybe a foreshadowing of what's to come on Wed... So maybe bring Chris along with you!!! :)

Ummm, can I look like you at 34 weeks? Seriously, you look fabulous, you still have chicken legs, so not fair!!

Can't wait to see you, Kaiya, and your cute little belly!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger britt said...

you do have some CRAZY dreams kar. I really can't believe it has gone so quickly. I guess it always goes that way when its NOT you experiencing it all. You are so cute prego! And really do look great!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

You are SO close! You look GREAT!

8:52 AM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

You look great! I can't believe it's that close. Hopefully you guys are ready... cause we're not (but have we ever been)!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Mugs said...

You look GORGEOUS! Pregnancy suits you, Kar :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

funny dream. I think I had that same dream. I also dreamed I had kittens instead of a baby at the grocery store. You look great, by the way.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Ha ha ha, your dream is so funny!!!!! Thanks for the chuckle.

I do have to add though....I don't think you're baby will have black hair!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

That dream is hilarious! You look beautiful! I can't wait for Miss Taylor to get here!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones