Out there!
Although wonderfully convenient for such things as holding plates or bowls, arm rests, and getting special parking at some stores, this belly also has its' drawbacks. Like the fact that I cannot seem to keep anything I wear clean any longer. It seems that at the end of every day, I look down and find some sort of stain or mark that inevitably is only in one certain spot -- you know the one spot that seems to poke out farther than anything else! The other day, I got home from grocery shopping, only to find I had pen mark scribbled all over my belly. I don't know how it happened, other than I must have been rubbing up against my pen the entire time. Somewhat embarrassing, almost like a big screaming arrow that says, "Look at this belly, it's HUGE". I ALMOST made it through cooking and eating dinner last night with no spots, but then I dropped a piece of pasta right in that familiar sweet spot. Chris has a good laugh about it, and honestly, it IS quite funny. But I think when this pregnancy is done, I'm going to have a closet full of clothes, complete with an array of various belly stains. It just kind-of sticks out there! Oh well!





12 Comments:
Ha ha! I had the same problem. Believe me, you will miss it though after having the baby so cherish every stain you receive. :)
oh yes! Why anyone makes white maternity shirts is beyond me, and the bigger the belly the more stains I think it attracts. I was always embarrassed when I'd change at night and realize there had been a spot on my shirt under my belly all day and I didn't know because I couldn't see it!
Isn't that funny? I quickly learned to regret every time I'd wear a white maternity shirt because it would actually look grey/brown by the end of the day! Such a strange thing, huh?
I just had my baby and have gone to my closet several times since only to keep changing... I have grease stains on EVERYTHING.... The funny thing is I didn't know half of them were there, I can see them now because the belly is not what is use to be! Good luck, you will want new clothes anyways!
That's pretty funny. I guess it makes sense that since you can't sit close to the plate anymore the chances of "slobbers" significantly increases. My only advice --USE KAIYA'S BIBS!!!
welcome to the joys of pregnancy. Although for me, this tends to happen when I'm pregnant or not!! Miss you!
you definitely have a good excuse though. It's when you're NOT pregnant that some may wonder, but most things just seem excuseable when you've that beautiful growing belly :)
Ha! Yep! That is just the way life goes being prego...you are so cute!
KARLI.....you are not THAT big! You look darling! I can't believe you are even big enough to catch anything on that cute belly! Isn't if funny how everything seems to fall into the same familiar place!! I love it! Funny post! The worst is when it is on the UNDER side of the belly and there is NO WAY you would EVER be able to see it! Good thing you have Kaiya down there to tell you if there is anything BELOW the bulge!!
What a beautiful belly! Yes, I know all about dropping food all over my belly. Then, again, I do it even when I'm NOT pregnant.
An answer to you swimming bug:
I am awful with directions especially in Bountiful, but I know the rec center is only a few block off of the first freeway exit.
As for the hot springs, go to www.crystalhotsprings.net and go to about us. Then click on driving directions. They are located in Honeyville up by Brigham City. So not too far from you!
Hey You don't know me but I get to hear about you and your family all the time. I cut Paul Smiths hair all the time and the rest of the families too. I'm good friends with all of them. They show me pics of Kaiya all the time, she is so cute! I hope you don't mind that I added you?
Post a Comment
<< Home