One year ago
On March 1st, one year ago today, we took a very, very special trip to the temple. And for this trip, Kaiya was invited to join us!
We have been thinking so much about this experience in our family's lives over the weekend and have shed quite a few tears, reflecting on what a special and significant event this was for all of us. The reminders of being surrounded by our family and friends, having my mom walk into the room with Kaiya all dressed in white, kneeling at the alter with my husband and my baby girl, hands intertwined, and the words that joined us all together forever. To sum up how I feel (even though it's not quite possible to simply sum it up), I feel BLESSED beyond belief!

We have been thinking so much about this experience in our family's lives over the weekend and have shed quite a few tears, reflecting on what a special and significant event this was for all of us. The reminders of being surrounded by our family and friends, having my mom walk into the room with Kaiya all dressed in white, kneeling at the alter with my husband and my baby girl, hands intertwined, and the words that joined us all together forever. To sum up how I feel (even though it's not quite possible to simply sum it up), I feel BLESSED beyond belief!

(sealing photos courtesy of Leah -- and we still absolutely love them!)
Blessed that I get to be the mother of such a special little girl. Blessed that I have an incredible and amazing man to share parenthood with. Blessed by the unselfishness of another, who gave up so much for our happiness. Blessed for the gifts of my Father in Heaven and my Savior that allow me to be with the people I love more than anything in the world -- not just here and now, but forever. Blessed that we will soon be welcoming another life to join our eternal family. I don't deserve to be so fortunate, but I hope that in some small way, I can live up to the blessings I have been extended and be a blessing to my family, as they are my greatest blessings. I love each one of them so much.
We decided it was only appropriate to take a trip together as a family to walk around the temple grounds today, even if only to walk raound the outside. We felt a special spirit being there together, seeing how much Kaiya has grown over this past year, watching her run and laugh and play, feeling overwhelmed by the happiness she radiates into our lives.
We decided it was only appropriate to take a trip together as a family to walk around the temple grounds today, even if only to walk raound the outside. We felt a special spirit being there together, seeing how much Kaiya has grown over this past year, watching her run and laugh and play, feeling overwhelmed by the happiness she radiates into our lives.





10 Comments:
Hey guys! It was such an awsome experience to be there at the temple with you guys on your special day with Kaiya. Hope everything is going well for your family.
Can't believe it's been a year! What a special day that was. And Karli, you are the most deserving person I know, truly. Love you and love that growing family of yours... including baby Taylor, who I can't wait to meet!
Can't really believe it has been 1 year!! We too can still feel the excitement of that day (for many reasons). I cherish those moments with my little granddaughter in the nursery trying to keep her awake and happy (and spotless white). How the Lord has blessed your family for your endless faith that all would be well.
Awesome! Sorry we didn't connect on Saturday...soon!
wow, its already been a year! this was such a special day and we are so grateful we were able to be there. love ya guys!
my how time flies and to think of how life has changed for you and your family in that year. Who would have thought back then that YOU would be adding another addition to your family. So exciting! THAT was a special day and I am so grateful we could share in that joyous occassion with you!
She just keeps getting cuter and cuter (if that's even possible!). That was a fast year! I'll never forget your special day. It was the first time I've witnessed a family being sealed together and I'll never forget how beautiful it was. You are a great family and I'm so happy that you'll be adding to that great family soon!
It is so wonderful to keep in touch through your blog. What a darling little girl. I soooooo wish children had been invited to the cox/jackson reception..in Utah. But some things are out of our control. We are so happy for you and your family sealing anniversary, your new little one growing inside and all that awaits for you and yours. I am so very grateful you were there for us on Matt's special day. You are the best.
Still love these pictures myself. And I can't BELIEVE it's been a year! Crazy!
I disagree with one part in your post: You said you don't deserve to be so fortunate...Oh, YES you do, Karli! You are such a good person and good things happy to good people. You deserve it all and I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family.
I love those pictures! So beautiful.
Post a Comment
<< Home