RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: It's gonna be a good weekend...

Friday, February 06, 2009

It's gonna be a good weekend...

When it rains, it might as well pour, right?! Actually sometimes I'm ok with that because you can get it all over with at once! My sweetheart had his knee surgery today and all went really well. We were up at 5 this morning, got him to the hospital, checked in, and then wheeled off for a surprisingly quick rendezvous with the doctor to get that knee all fixed up. In typical Chris fashion, he had all the nurses cracking up all morning, as if nothing was about to happen to him! I love that guy to death! I was so happy to be reunited with him and to see that he was fine after the surgery. He's had a very chill day, fighting off nausea from his pain meds, and dealing with quite a bit of pain in his knee (obviously), but he's a pretty tough guy and is handling it all so well. I'm so happy to play nurse for him because he is always so good to me and I don't get the chance to pamper him very often. Only problem is that Kaiya also woke up this morning with a really bad cough/cold/flu-like sickness AND Chase is also sick (yes, dogs get sick, unfortunately). So, needless to say it has been a long day for this mama. Chase needs to go out every hour, I swear, to get sick outside, and Kaiya isn't sleeping or eating and just isn't herself, which is so sad in and of itself. I feel bad that I can't give all my time to Chris, but I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off, trying to make sure everyone is ok! So, I'm guessing it's going to be an indoor sort-of weekend, and hopefully everyone will be doing much better in a few days at this house! And I'm hoping baby Taylor allows me enough energy to keep up with all my sickies! Everyone, GET WELL SOON!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Sounds to me like Kaiya might have RSV, Lindsay had the same thing. A good indication is not sleeping or eating. You can also see if she has a sucked in stomach, and if so I would take her to the Doctor. I know that RSV is going around and is really bad here right now.

I hope that everyone gets better real soon.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

well i can see why you did not answer your phone:)

i had no idea chris was having surgery on his knee. i hope everyone gets feeling better soon, for everyone's sake!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Tell Chris that since he pushed me around in a wheelchair when I was visiting you guys, I will gladly do the same for him! =)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I had no idea Chris was having surgery! Kar, I wish I were closer so i could help with Kaiya and bring in some yummy dinner for you. Hang in there...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Well Nanny-nurse, you are getting a work out. Glad that Chris's surgery went well and hope his recovery is quick. Hope your other 2 children both get well quickly. Glad you have Chase so well trained or that could be a biggie!! Yikes. Love you all.

10:03 AM  
Blogger britt said...

I feel for ya! It really does all seem to come at once. Good Luck everyone better again, nurse Karli and I surely hope the prego mama doesn't get sick!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Wow! You have been one busy, Mommy! I hope Chris' recovery goes well and that everybody gets feeling better soon!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

NO FUN! I am so sorry! I hope everyone is on the road to recovery by now...good luck!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I hope your weekend went smoothly and that Chris recovers quick. But you are right, when something goes wrong, everything goes wrong!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones