RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Monday, December 15, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

We have been having a wonderful holiday season so far and were just saying how we can't believe that Christmas is now only about a week away! The month has flown by! Not enough time to post a whole lot, but here's some stuff we have been up to!
A few weekends ago, we kicked off the season by going to the Rubberband concert. It was FANTASTIC, and it always gets me so in the Christmas mood. I wasn't sure how well Kaiya would do, but she seriously LOVED the music! The best part of the show? Hmmm, not sure if it was being able to see our old friends, the awesome music, or Ryan's mullet that he sported halfway through the show! Man, it's a toss-up! (Ry is bic bald, by the way, so to see him with a mullet was quite shocking!) After the show we drove around to some of our old favorite houses to see lights and they did not disappoint this year! Kaiya was so enthralled with the bright colors and glittering lights -- she LOVED it! We need to find some of these kinds of neighborhoods in our new area! I so love Christmas lights!

We also went to the funnest white elephant party a few weeks ago! Seriously, I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time! Good food, even better company, and the gifts...oh my goodness, they were classic! We were pretty proud of our gift -- an old-school mink shawl with head attached (oh yes, the eyes looked right up at you) and about 15 legs/paws dangling off of it. Don't be jealous, the mink has already found a happy home! I can't even talk about some of the other gifts, but suffice it to say, they were AWESOME!

We have been baking like MAD in this house the last few weeks. Making plates for neighbors and friends and I must say I wouldn't mind getting one of these plates myself! YUM! The guys keep asking why there are a gazillion treats in the kitchen, but they can't have any!! Anyway, it's one of my favorite things to do at Christmas and this year, it was even more fun because my sister Brittany and SIL LeAnne joined in on the fun and added some pretty great treats of their own! Now that it's all done, though, I'm a little baked out for awhile!
Last night, we got together with SOME of our family close-by (Britt and Jason and families) for a little Christmas party. My brother and his family are leaving this week for Christmas, so we wanted to get together before they left. We sure missed mom and dad and Aaron and his family, though! We had a delicious ham dinner, the cousins all played and had fun together, and then we settled down to open presents from their cousin exchange. Kaiya got a really fun art set from her cousin which she has been playing with all day today! To top the night off, we were able to talk to my parents on the phone, which is one of the best treats we get during the week! It's so fun to have family here and to be able to spend some time together for the holidays! Then, a few nights ago, Chris and I were able to go to take our annual trip to Hale Center Theater to see "A Christmas Carol". As always, it was FANTASTIC. The music is always so beautiful and this is such a classic, sweet Christmas story. I always come away feeling the spirit of the season after watching good old Scrooge change his heart! And it is a date every year that I look forward to so much with Chris. We have been doing it now for about 5 years and it is one of my favorite traditions! I highly recommend seeing this sometime if you haven't -- Hale Center does such a GREAT job on this play!

Anyway, that's some of our fun lately. This week, we have more fun planned -- a work Christmas party in Logan, a trip down south to see old friends, a few trips to Temple Square to see the lights, caroling, LOTS more snow (maybe we'll venture out and have some fun in the white stuff) and we'll see what else comes along! I seriously love this time of year!! Hope you all are enjoying the season!

And I have to throw in these little pics of Kaiya. She LOVES this little dog (thanks, Ash) and walks him around on his leash all over the place! My mom bought her this cute little outfit last year, but it hasn't fit her until now, so these pictures are for you, mom! Kaiya loves her grandma and grandpa!

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Those treats look delicious. We were going to go to Ryan's show and we couldn't make it, I'm sad now because it would have been great!

P.S. Thank you so very much.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Krissy Lundeen said...

Kaiya is getting so big! I am so excited and happy for you and your family at this time! You must be just head over heels! Hope you are doing great!

7:48 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Looks like fun! Kaiya is so cute with that little dog. Ava has one of those too and it was a favorite around here for awhile.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Kaiya is a doll! I'm impressed you already have your neighbor gifts done. They do look delicious.

11:07 PM  
Blogger britt said...

It was fun doing the treast plates,but I have to admit I am baked out for a bit too! Sounds like you are having a fun filled holiday season, with lots more yet to come! Love ya

10:18 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Wow--your Christmas goodies look sooooo yummy! Glad you girls can join forces and talents to share in the fun. O.K. Kaiya in her Scotty dog clothes pulling the dog is so darn cute. I think I will print some of those pics. Love you and thanks for sharing the Christmas festivities.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

You are a busy woman. I love all of your treats that you made. Kaiya is so cute in her Christmas clothes. It is so fun to dress them up. I was lucky enough to do it with three girls. :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones