RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Little update

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Little update

I thought I would get a little update on here before this pregnancy flies right by me and all the sudden the baby is here! Gosh, the weeks are flying!

Anyway, we are 17 weeks along now and I am feeling FANTASTIC! It has been such a blessing over the last month to finally have my appetite back and my energy as well. The nausea is gone for the most part, except for every once in awhile if I haven't eaten. I can't really say that I have any one certain craving, just really random ones. I crave orange juice a lot and could eat cereal for every meal. And who, I ask, ever craves mac 'n cheese?! Oh, I do! WEIRD! I haven't eaten that for years, and now for some reason it tastes delicious! Go ahead and say it, YUCK, right?! Other than that, it's anything and everything...and I mean everything! I get hungry so much more often these days!
I haven't felt any movement, which I guess is pretty normal for your first. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll start to feel more -- that will be sooo exciting! But, I am starting to show! YAY! It felt like it was literally one day I woke up and there was my stomach poking out! Although, it is still that phase where it's like, hmmmm, is she just letting herself go or is there something actually in that gut of hers?! Hehe! But it is so fun to look down and see my belly growing and to feel my body changing! I am really, really loving pregnancy at this point!

I haven't been too super emotional...but maybe you should ask Chris about that! I mean, obviously there are days where I am a million times more irritable or get frustrtaed way easier. And there are also those days where I can watch a gum commercial and start crying! But for the most part, that doesn't happen too often, thank goodness!

At this point my biggest concerns are the hope that Kaiya will be able to adjust easily to such a HUGE change. I worry about that a lot. Not that anything can be done about it, but I just hope it's not too hard for her. And I worry about my mom not being able to be here with me. I can't focus on that too much, because it will make me and my mom too sad. But it sure would be nice if she could be here to help me somehow recover and keep my sanity in those few weeks after the baby comes.There's nothing quite like the presence of your mother, ya know? And finally, when will I sleep?! Haa! I guess everyone wonders that! But with Kaiya it was just so different because she was bottle fed and Chris was sooo good at getting up with her at night. Is it so dumb to even be thinking about this stuff so far in advance? That's just me -- I'm the worrier and try to prep myself months in advance for stuff like this!

But really, right now, we are just enjoying this whole experience. Chris and I are so loving this time together -- the appointments, the changes, the antcipation, the curiosity and beauty of it all. It's funny how it has made me love him so much more and our relationship seems to be growing even closer. How I wish Kaiya could understand it a little bit more. But she will one day very soon! We are also loving and cherishing this time we have together, just the 3 of us. Not that having another one will diminish the joy of our time together, but there is that sense of wanting to hold onto every last minute of this particular phase of our family before it changes. We are pretty much smothering Kaiya with all the love we can give! We feel grateful beyond expression for such a miracle! And sooo excited because we find out TOMORROW what we are having!!! YAY!!! Any guesses out there?! More updates to come!

19 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Your post made me laugh. Even though I am not pregnant, I still get the cravings, the crying for no reason at all, and the emotional stuff. It is a fun joy of womanhood. You look so cute with your pregnant belly. By the way, I did not feel my first daughter move until the ultrasound at 20 weeks. Also, because of your brothers and sister, I think you are having a boy.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

First off, you look GORGEOUS! AND you look pregnant, really, since you are tiny everywhere else. How exciting, you are finding out tomorrow! That is just the best, although I always had such a hard time holding still! As soon as I saw the baby, I would start laughing to keep from crying, and then they would loose the image from my shaking tummy. Same for the heart beat, I just couldn't help myself, I was so happy, no better sound in the world when you are pregnant. Don't forget to pick up a wrap, you will love that so much more than a carrier. (it is also handy in the last stage of pregnancy when you need some support, just to wear around the house) I know this is hard, but try not to worry about Kaiya, it all works out. Do you have dolls for her to play with? (grab some premie diapers, real bottles, burp cloths, swaddling blankets, etc, and practice taking care of "baby". She will have it down by the time this baby is born. And if you need a "mini-wrap" down the road for her to use with her dolls, email me! Have a fabulous day!
**sorry to dump unsolicited advice, just wanted to share things that worked for me. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Deetsgirl said...

So excited once again to hear of God's wonderful answer to prayer, I didn't feel any movement with my babies until I was much closer to about 20 weeks. I guess that is really normal. Once I felt the movement I knew exactly what it was. One of them kicked the keyboard as I was sitting at my desk. Great picture by the way, I love that a pregnant lady can still rock the cute boots.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kalli Ko said...

Excitement!! You look great!

I drank orange juice by the gallon and cereal and mac and cheese YES!

enjoy every minute, it flies by. i totally miss being pregnant oddly enough.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you..and yes you look adorable! I love your little belly. You are going to be one of those pregnant ladies that carries the baby like a basketball, only at your belly-which is so cute, what a lucky lady! I am excited to hear what you are having....lets see, I am going to guess a boy!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

What the? You find out tomorrow? That's crazy! You look darling!

2:42 PM  
Blogger LeAnn said...

You don't need to worry about how Kaiya will adjust because you guys are really good parents and it will be a 'good adjustment' instead of a 'bad adjustment'! You look so cute pregnant by the way....but I tell you that EVERY time I see you, so this is not news from me!! I can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

You are such a babe, seriously, you look awesome! Kaiya will adjust beautifully to this new exciting change. You guys are the best parents, so she will be fine! Seems like I was having a very similar conversation with you just days ago... How has it already been over 7 months! Time flies. Again, I am so sorry about this weekend, you have no idea how bummed I am. It's times like these that I start to really dislike ry's job :). Hopefully we can figure something out for next week! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I love your belly! It's so fun when you start to show. I can't believe you find out tomorrow, that's so exciting! I'm gonna say that you will have a little girl. Mostly because you were puking your guts out, but other than that who knows!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

It is so fun to read your post about your pregnancy. My due date is actually tomorrow, so when I look at your picture and read about your experiences I just have so many emotions that come into my heart and mind.

I first felt my baby move in week 18, right before we had our ultrasound. It was the best thing in the world. I started playing music for the baby and then all of a sudden I started to feel a faint little tapping. I wasn't too sure that it was actually him, but after feeling it over and over I realized that it was in fact our baby moving. (while I type this he is currently doing somersaults in my tummy)

Best of luck with your ultrasound, I bet you are having a boy. But, wouldn't 2 little girls be so much fun!?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

ps... It's so a GIRL!

6:57 PM  
Blogger The Moon's said...

oooh how fun, I am guessing boy and yes you do look adorable! Good luck at your appointment!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

You don't know how much it warms my heart to see your little belly. Yes, you are a chique little mamma! We'll be waiting to see what is sprouting in there.

8:02 PM  
Blogger britt said...

I didn't realize that it was already THAT time (to find out). You better call me ASAP! I love your little belly and it is fun to see all the exciting changes happening with you. I am so excited for you!!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Cox Family said...

Mark and I are So excited for you guys..and your new baby.. That is such an amazing thing.. I cried when I heard the good news.. Congrats... Hey I need to make sure I have your correct address.. Also to How do I mail anything to your parents?? And how much extra postage do I use on a Card? It looks Like you guys are doing soooo good.. I cant believe how big Kaiya is.. wow where does time go?? Well I will talk with you soon..

10:25 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady! I'm still smiling over this!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Richelle said...

What a cute little baby bump! Can't wait to see what you are having!

4:21 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

You look so beautiful, Kar. I teared up when I saw your picture. I'm so excited to read each and every post throughout this amazing journey.

I know what you mean about that "in-between" stage of pregnancy. I remember when I was pregnant with Emma, a girl I was working with was super bold and came up to me and said, "So, are you pregnant, 'cause when you first started here you were super skinny." Yeah, good thing I was prego or else I would have smacked her. :) hee hee.

Anyway, you look absolutely amazing and I'm so happy for you guys.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Yep, I pretty much lived on mac n' cheese during my pregnancy! I think that you are the prettiest pregnant lady!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones