Lovin' weekends
I so love weekend time! It's my time to be with Chris and Kaiya and to enjoy getting together with friends and just relaxing! This weekend did not disappoint! Friday, we met up with Ry and Ash for dinner and then off to Gardner's Village to enjoy the Halloween festivities. I love that place this time of year! It is decorated so cute and the kids have lots to see! We hit the pony rides when we got there, and Kaiya had her first ride. Let's just say she was not so sure about the whole thing, but daddy took good care of her! Ryley seemed to love her little ride, though!
Pretty much always a FANTASTIC time when we are with the Shupe's and we always look forward to our get-togethers! Thanks, guys!
Then on Saturday, we met up with some of our other great friends, Matt and Danielle to go to Hogle Zoo. It was the MOST beautiful day, could not ask for better zoo weather or better people to go with! Their little boy, Ezra, is a few weeks younger than Kaiya and we can't help but arrange their marriage for the future! Haa! What a cutie he is! He was so sweet and kept trying to give Kaiya kisses, but she was playing hard to get! After all, they haven't had too many dates yet! Ezra is about twice the size of Kaiya in height (got some good height genes from mom and dad) so he pretty much had to bend over to give her any kisses! The kids had lots of fun seeing all the animals and we enjoyed being able to spend time with our friends that we don't get to see nearly enough!
(I'm obsessed with the giraff's, obviously!)
Today, the beautiful weather continued so we couldn't resist staying indoors too much! We went to the park with Kaiya's cousins and had a great time playing football, frisbee, sliding, swinging, and feeding the horses. Chase must have run about 30 miles, chasing his ball over and over and over again! I love it when he gets out and can just run to his heart's content! He is so patient, too, with all the kids crawling on his back and following him around! He looks like a horse, so I guess I can see the appeal to ride him like one! Kaiya certainly tries to! But he is about the best dog there is and I love to see him having some freedom to just go crazy outside! He definitely deserves it! We finished off the day by taking a nice, long walk this evening together as a family and then playing some games together at home!
Couldn't ask for a better weekend and there is nothing I love more than being with Chris and Kaiya! Next weekend, we will be hitting the road for a little vacation and I CAN'T WAIT!!
Pretty much always a FANTASTIC time when we are with the Shupe's and we always look forward to our get-togethers! Thanks, guys!
Then on Saturday, we met up with some of our other great friends, Matt and Danielle to go to Hogle Zoo. It was the MOST beautiful day, could not ask for better zoo weather or better people to go with! Their little boy, Ezra, is a few weeks younger than Kaiya and we can't help but arrange their marriage for the future! Haa! What a cutie he is! He was so sweet and kept trying to give Kaiya kisses, but she was playing hard to get! After all, they haven't had too many dates yet! Ezra is about twice the size of Kaiya in height (got some good height genes from mom and dad) so he pretty much had to bend over to give her any kisses! The kids had lots of fun seeing all the animals and we enjoyed being able to spend time with our friends that we don't get to see nearly enough!
(I'm obsessed with the giraff's, obviously!)
Today, the beautiful weather continued so we couldn't resist staying indoors too much! We went to the park with Kaiya's cousins and had a great time playing football, frisbee, sliding, swinging, and feeding the horses. Chase must have run about 30 miles, chasing his ball over and over and over again! I love it when he gets out and can just run to his heart's content! He is so patient, too, with all the kids crawling on his back and following him around! He looks like a horse, so I guess I can see the appeal to ride him like one! Kaiya certainly tries to! But he is about the best dog there is and I love to see him having some freedom to just go crazy outside! He definitely deserves it! We finished off the day by taking a nice, long walk this evening together as a family and then playing some games together at home!
Couldn't ask for a better weekend and there is nothing I love more than being with Chris and Kaiya! Next weekend, we will be hitting the road for a little vacation and I CAN'T WAIT!!




9 Comments:
Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! I am jealous of your fall weather-I miss Utah's fall colors and cool crisp weather. It sure looks like Kaiya leads a very adventurous life-props to her cool mom and dad!
I too love weekends. It is nice to get your husband all to yourself.
so fun! Loved being with you guys.
I love the picture of you and Ya-Ya on the slide. It feels like Kaiya has always been with you, doesn't it? She is such a doll.
Weekends are the best, and it looks like you really had a great one! Your little family so is adorable. :)
I love all the pictures! (I miss my camera SO much, my blog looks terrible without pictures, your's reminds me that I need to get on the ball with that) Sounds like a great weekend! I almost went to Gardner's Village this morning, but had to bail because something came up. I have never been there before, but now I REALLY want to take the kids, that witch looks so cool! I hear the shopping is pretty cool too. You guys are super fun parents! Way to take advantage of a beautiful weekend!
You can pack so much into a weekend. Looks so fun and good weather. We are having a fun get away here at the Marriot. I feel like we are AWOL but we are doing our assignment so...........
I love our weekends too. Saturday's are our day when the whole family can be together and it's a wonderful thing.
I love your pictures and I'm glad that you have such good friends to hang out with and an amazing family. :)
I love how much fun you guys have together! Those slide pictures are cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home