RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Thinking music again

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thinking music again

Ok, so as I have done many times in the past, I have to share some musical goods that I am currently digging, with the hopes that you will return the favor!

A few weeks ago, one of my absolute favorite artists, Joshua Radin, came out with a new CD called "Simple Times" and it is FANTASTIC! If you aren't familiar with him, he is very mellow, with a very soft voice, so it's definitely not get up and dance music, but delicious nonetheless. He has a girl that he always puts on his tracks that harmonizes so beautifully with him. I love it! I could pretty much do an entire post on him and suggest about 50 songs that you should check out from his past albums, but I'll just give a few of my faves from his current CD and you can check out his other stuff if you like it. Some goodies are "They Bring Me to You", "We Are Ok" (which sounds a lot like the good ole' Simon and Garfunkle goodness), "No Envy, No Fear", and "Brand New Day". Lots more good stuff where those come from!

Another good one is Neil Halstead (he came in concert with Jack Johnson when we recently saw him). Also very mellow, but I really like his sound. Try "Queen Bee" and "A Gentle Heart".

And how 'bout Sugarland? I always really like their stuff. I keep listening to "Wishing" and "I Was Already Gone". Lots of good stuff here if you're into country.

And speaking of country, a HUGE surprise for me...I really like a lot of Jessica Simpson's new CD! Yes, really, that's a big shocker because she's usually a little too poppy for me and I anticipated the same from her crossover to country. Sure, most of it is very mainstream country, but there are some really pretty songs, I think, like "Remember That", "You're My Sunday", and "Do You Know" (with Dolly). Not for everyone, but I think there are some good ones.

And finally, Ted Lennon. It doesn't hurt that he duets with Jack Johnson, but even on his own, he is great! A few faves from him are "So in Love" (with Jack), "Face Up", "Water And Bones", and "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright".

So there's some stuff I'm liking these days. Wanna share some with me?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I really like Julianne Hough's (from Dancing with the Stars) song My Hallelujah Song. I had no idea that girl could sing like that. I like a lot of the artists that you spoke of also.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

hey thanks for the tips on new music--we thought to dash to the music store (they actually still have them here) and pick up these tunes?!?!!! Actually we are SICK TO DEATH already of the few tunes we downloaded before we left. You can not download music from U.S. from another country. BOO

1:56 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I honestly get most of my music from your music list on your blog. The only one not on there that I am currently listening to is Vampire weekend. Kind of more on the fun side, no real meaningful songs or anything, I just like the tunes. The soundtrack from "Dan in Real Life" is pretty awesome too. Other than that, you are my source for artists to check out, so keep the recomendations coming!
oh, and Jade loves Mika, Jack (of course), and the Beatles. :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

My friend just wrote about this singer on her blog and I have to say that I am hooked already. I bet you would also like it. Here is her website, you can listen to her whole cd on there for free. http://www.lenkamusic.com/news

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones