RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: The lump

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The lump

No, I admit, "lump" is not the most pleasant word, I know. But it was such a FUN weekend and I don't have the time or energy to devote to several posts about each fun experience, so I'm going to just put it in a lump! And lame me, I didn't pull out my camera for most of the fun, so not many pictures to share!

First off, on Friday, Kaiya and I met up with my sister and her kids for a picnic and play time at the park. We had pretty good timing because the weather was still quite nice and we were able to have lots of fun before the rainy weather rolled in! I love how fascinated Kaiya is by her cousins and she had such a great time with them. She also LOVED the swings! Definitely her favorite park activity!
When she starts doing her trademark sucking on metal, though, it is NOT mom's favorite activity! Isn't that the funniest/strangest habit she has? She must like the taste of metal or something! I pretty much couldn't keep her from getting in some good licks on the swing! Doesn't that make you just a little bit grossed out?! Funny girl!

That night, Chris and I had a date and went to the BYU/Utah State game up in Logan. It was sooo fun! We were able go with Jessika's parents and her little brother and had a great time with them! BYU won, of course, even though they played horrible! Go COUGS!!! And thanks for such a fun night out, honey!

Saturday, we enjoyed a lazy day of lounging on the couch, listening to our Church's semi-annual conference. This is a special weekend that comes twice a year, where we get to receive wonderfully inspired and inspiring counsel from the leaders of our church. My spiritual cup was overflowing by the end of the weekend, with so many things to think about and so many things that I would like to use to improve my life. I'm so grateful for conference weekend! Saturday afternoon, we packed up and were off to Ry and Ash's to spend the rest of the weekend with them! We had such a GREAT time with our old friends that we miss so much! We went out for dinner that night after Priesthood session, then came back and just talked and and laughed and talked while the boys rekindled their dart play-offs. Sunday morning was spent enjoying Ash's famous monkey bread breakfast (which NEVER disappoints), watching conference, hanging out, followed by a delicious dinner of grilled kabobs that evening! We were soooo sad to leave because being with these guys just feels like home to us! Can't wait until next time!!
(had to borrow these pics from Ash)
Ryley and Kaiya on the way to dinner
See, we really DO feel at home in Ry and Ash's house -- maybe TOO at home!
We ended the weekend with a nice conversation with my mom and dad on the webcam. There's something so great about being able to SEE them while we talk that makes me feel like they are not so far away! It's always the highlight of our week to be able to spend that time with them! We love them and miss them so much!

So, there's my lump and on to another fun week, feeling so thankful for how blessed my life is. Great friends, membership in the church that I love, and an amazing family who brings so much joy to my life. Can't ask for much more than that!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I like how you "lump"-ed it all together. Nice. :) And the pictures are way cute. I love the swing pics.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I wish that I could talk to Adam on a Webcam while he is on his mission. Technology these days is amazing. Very very cute pictures. I love the picture of Kaiya sucking on the metal of the swing. Hailey likes to suck on the handle of the grocery cart. Thankfully most stores have wipes for the carts now a days.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

What a great lump. I love when a lot of things go on that are fun. I love the pic of her licking the swing. Yucky!

3:43 PM  
Blogger sunsetandcamden said...

Jason and I were up at the football game too! I wish we would have known you guys were there, we could have found you!
Mary

4:12 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

So glad that the "lump" wasn't in your armpit or elsewhere. :) What a fun time. I love those traditions that we start with friends (such as dinner and the boys going to their meeting) because of the wonderful traditions of our church. I guess I have to go ahead and "lump" a little snoozing into that tradition, as well. Glad I'm not the only one!

8:19 PM  
Blogger britt said...

glad WE could be apart of your lump! Sounds like you had some great, relaxing and memorable times over the rainy, but inspiring weekend!
Love ya

8:58 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

nice way to "lump". What alot of fun activities with family and friends. Glad that Kaiya gets to play with cousins and friends. I miss that "conference spirit". We are so delighted to actually see you and talk each weekend. Maybe the bug will not forget us.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

That Kaiya is one funny little girl! Licking swings...what a crack up!

Wasn't that a great Conference?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Ewww! Metal! Conference was amazing...I've found that since being a mom, I am much more emotional with things that touch my heart...and Conference did the trick!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

LOVED hangin' with you guys! Can't wait to see you again!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones