RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Yum yum

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yum yum

Last night, Chris and I enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner together and it was very enjoyable! Thought I would share this new recipe that I tried because it was DELISH! But you may want to hurry and try it before the warm weather goes away because it's kind-of a summery dish! Yum!!

Marinaded Pork Chop with Pineapple Salsa
Marinade ingredients:
1/4 t. lime zest
2 limes, juiced
1 T. honey
1 small shallot, chopped
1 jalepeno, chopped, seeds removed
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 c. olive oil
salt to taste

Salsa ingredients:
1/2 pineapple, diced and cored
1 tomato, diced
1/2 red onion, minced
1/2 jalepeno, diced
1 T. chopped cilantro leaves
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Blend all marinade ingredients together, place in a resealable bag. Add 4 bone-in, center cut pork chops (I actually used butterfly chops and they worked great as well) to the marinade and refrigerate for 3 hours.

Preheat grill to medium heat, remove chops from marinade. Grill 5 minutes on each side for medium rare or 8 minutes per side for medium.

While chops are cooking, combine all salsa ingredients and let stand for about 10 minutes for flavors to meld.

Let chops stand for 1o minutes after cooking before slicing.

Serve chops with lots of salsa piled on top!

Mmmmmm!

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

ok yum! i wish i had everything to cook that tonight, the missionaries are coming over. i think we will have to try that very soon. thanks kar!

i tried to call you today. hope things are going good:)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

You know I'm going to try this. You seem to always had a knack for picking out the good recipes.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones