Oh no, SNOW!
Yeah, that's right, we got snowed on all weekend! SNOW! Nothing shocks me anymore about the weather in Utah, but I was a bit sad to see the white stuff here already! I'm definitely not ready for the cold weather, that's all there is to it! Chris came in with this in his hands and I was a bit surprised!
But you know, what are you going to do? So, why not try and enjoy it a little bit? So, we bundled up Ya-ya and went out to let her play around in the soft, cold fluff! She LOVED it! And Chase went nuts too! And ok, I'll admit, the first few snow storms always kinda get me in that familiar, almost-excited spirit, and it always looks pretty. But that feeling never lasts long! Luckily, the warm weather will be returning this week so we can eek out a little bit more sunshine! Anyway, we tried to enjoy it and it was fun!
(testing the waters)
(ready for a taste?)
(mmm, not too shabby)
(thanks for the miniature snowman, mom. i'll just go ahead and knock its' head off first thing!)
(and what's cold weather without a little snot?)
Later that night, we went and got some good soup from Cafe Rio (love their tortilla soup) and then did a little shopping for some fun winter accessories -- scarves and beanies and a jacket for Kaiya. Finally, we finished off the night with some delicious hazelnut hot chocolate and caramel steamers, and snuggled up together on the couch! Not too bad, in spite of the COLD!
But you know, what are you going to do? So, why not try and enjoy it a little bit? So, we bundled up Ya-ya and went out to let her play around in the soft, cold fluff! She LOVED it! And Chase went nuts too! And ok, I'll admit, the first few snow storms always kinda get me in that familiar, almost-excited spirit, and it always looks pretty. But that feeling never lasts long! Luckily, the warm weather will be returning this week so we can eek out a little bit more sunshine! Anyway, we tried to enjoy it and it was fun!(testing the waters)
(ready for a taste?)
(mmm, not too shabby)
(thanks for the miniature snowman, mom. i'll just go ahead and knock its' head off first thing!)
(and what's cold weather without a little snot?)
Later that night, we went and got some good soup from Cafe Rio (love their tortilla soup) and then did a little shopping for some fun winter accessories -- scarves and beanies and a jacket for Kaiya. Finally, we finished off the night with some delicious hazelnut hot chocolate and caramel steamers, and snuggled up together on the couch! Not too bad, in spite of the COLD!




8 Comments:
So that's where the snow was. My kids kept waiting and waiting and it never came (thank heavens!).
I love your cute little snow bunny and the miniature snowman!
kaiyas hat is cute!
just think in a few weeks where you will be:)
oh love that Ogden snow....if it snows anywhere it will be in our yard. Kaiya looks intrigued! There is something about the first few snows and then............ Guess I shouldn't tell you about the tropical weather we are enjoying?!
Looks fun! It is supposed to be in the mid 70s here this week. :) I'm definitely not ready for snow, but hopefully we will get some!
I can't believe I'm saying this, as I am here in BUFFALO, but I am so excited for the white stuff! It doesn't hurt when I read your post about hazelnut hot chocolate and caramel steamers. How fun, Karli.
Plus, your music selection always rocks. The moldy peahces make me want to rent Juno AGAIN. Loved that show.
Cafe Rio YUM!!! I think one of the main reasons we moved to Oregon was to get away from the white stuff. I sure do miss it on occassion though.
Crazy snow! Looks like you made the best of it though. Kaiya such a little doll... RYley inhaled snow her second winter, not sure why but they love it at this age!
Way to have a positive attitude! SOmetime, especially when you have kids that are SUPER excited you jusdt have to put a smile on your face and try to be happy, right?!
Love the pics and Kaiya's cute snow attire.
Post a Comment
<< Home