RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: 15 months and counting!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

15 months and counting!

Gosh, I can't seem to keep up, but there are some important things I want to make sure I get down!

On Friday, our little Ya-ya turned 15 months! How is that possible?! It has been awhile since I wrote down some things that Kaiya is up to at this phase, so here are some 15 month goods!

Kaiya is walking all over the place now, which is both the most exciting thing ever and a busy, crazy new phase for mom and dad! I honestly didn't anticipate how much I would absolutely LOVE to see those little weeble-wobble legs taking her all over the place! She prefers walking anywhere and everywhere she can, and this also means that after she's been out of the car somewhere, walking all over the place, she does NOT want to get back in her car seat! We've had many a little fit when it's time to sit back down! But I guess it's understandable when walking provides such a new-found freedom! We have also learned how much more we have to watch her because she disappears real fast and gets into things at lightning speed! (Videos for grandma and grandpa's viewing pleasure...finally!)





Kaiya is a very petite little girl. At her last appointment she was only in the 35th percentile for both height and weight and she just BARELY moved into size 3 shoes. But she is growing at her own rate and I love how much personality is bottled up in that little body! Her hair, on the other hand, has no trouble growing! It's getting so long in the back! I hate to say it, but it slightly resembles a mullet! Hehe! We love doing pony's and piggies with all those cute curls!

She is still sleeping incredible -- about 13 hours at night and takes a good afternoon nap as well. I don't know what I am going to do when she decides not to sleep so much, but until then, I'm loving it! She loves to cuddle with her soft animals or a blanket when she lays down to sleep and has learned how to give them hugs and hold them close to her. It's pretty cute.

She loves to give kisses. Sometimes she just makes the sound, sometimes she will blow them to you, or if you're lucky, she will lean in for a big open-mouth slobber job! Oh, I can't get enough of her smooches!

Her favorite words to say are obviously dada and mama, but she also loves to say dog (or duck -- they sound VERY similar), cat, ball, hi, and baby. She has only very recently become interested in her Signing Time videos, but will sign milk, more, and shoes. We are currently working on teaching her how to point out body parts, like nose, eyes, ears, feet, etc.

When Kaiya is tired, she loves to have a hand held up to her face. If she can get ahold of your hand, she will pull it up to the side of her face, lay her head in it, and not let it go for anything. I love that so much, but it does make my arm fall asleep while I'm trying to drive in the car!

She still loves to dance anytime music comes on. She bounces and bobs from side to side and will also squeal quite loud if one of her favorites comes on. The "Diaper Dance" song on Signing Time usually incites a pretty good little squeal. It will be so fun when she is old enough to take some dance lessons!

She LOVES books. There have been times when she will sit and look at her books for nearly an hour, just turning the pages over and over again. We love reading her stories as well, but she definitely likes to be in control of the page turning!

Church has become an interesting adventure lately. Our block is from 11-2, which happens to also come right during nap time, so by that 3rd hour, Kaiya is pretty much done. I can't believe that in just 3 months, she will be heading to nursery! YIKES!

Kaiya still has that separation anxiety, although it has gotten much better now that she can walk. She still doesn't like us to leave the room, doesn't really like strangers to pick her up, and is very aware of where mom and dad are at all times. This can be a bit challenging at times, but it does warm my heart that she is attached to us and likes to be around us. It's not always going to be that way, I know!

Kaiya is eating so great. She will pretty much eat anything that we are eating, which is very nice! I am amazed that we really haven't found anything that she just refuses to eat. She loves gogurts, cheese, potatoes and pretty much any fruits the best. Most surprisingly, she LOVES green beans! I don't even like green beans and she eats them like crazy! Daddy always makes sure she gets a good taste of sweets and loves to sneak her ice cream and cookies! Like she would deny him of that pleasure! She is also doing quite well with using new utensils. She can drink out of cup really well (unless she gets excited and dumps it too fast), and does pretty well eating with a spoon. She can't really pick up the food very well with the spoon, but she can get the food to her mouth without help.

She loves to find small holes and slots to put things into. We have lost our keys on many occasions, only to find them dropped down into one of her toys somewhere. She has this toy that blows balls up out of a spout and she tries to put EVERYTHING down that. We find binkies, hair brushes, socks, and lots of other things in there! She tries pretty much every day to put her sippy cup down there as well, but luckily it does not fit!

I would say probably her favorite thing ever is bath time. Oh, she would literally turn into a raisin if it were up to her. She could sit in there all day long! She splashes and plays with her toys and loves to squeeze the water out of the wash cloths. My favorite thing is to watch her SHOCKED expression when she dumps her cup over her head when all the water dumps all over her. It's like a total surprise each time! She also loves to get out of the bath and sit on the counter to check out that funny little girl looking back at her in the mirror. She reaches out to touch her, laughs with her, makes silly expressions with her, and sometimes tries to figure out why she can't quite get to her!

Probably one of my favorite things about Kaiya is her laugh. It is hearty and girly and sweet all at the same time! It kind-of reminds me of the little brother from the "Christmas Story". When she gets going really good, it turns into half squeal, half gut-buster. Chase and daddy can make her laugh the hardest. When Chase gets excited and starts running around the room, Kaiya loses it! And she REALLY loses it when daddy picks her up and chases Chase around the room her in his arms. It is so hilarious. I need to get that on video one of these days! In fact, as I am typing this post, Kaiya is cracking up because Chase is licking off a spoon with ice cream on it. For some reason, she finds him so funny and it is so cute! She is a pretty happy little babe! And speaking of Chase, she LOVES animals! He has made her so comfortable around dogs and other animals and she is fascinated by any living thing! This is her with Aaron and Deb's dog, Lucy.


Well, that is some of the stuff that we are loving about Kaiya and that she is loving about life right now. She is quite a special little girl and obviously fills up our lives with so much joy and happiness. I can't believe how fast she is changing and growing and I feel like the luckiest person alive that I get to be here watching it all take place. I can't imagine life without my baby girl and I love her sooo much!
(photo courtesy of Debbie)

13 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

oh that Kaiya. What a cutie pie! Who is so lucky to have YOU as her mommy!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

What a sweet post. Your little girl is growing fast and she is so precious. I am so glad that you are able to treasure all these experiences as you watch her grow and develop. Believe me, it goes by way to fast! You are a wonderful mom, Kar.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cox Family said...

Wow I can't believe that Kaiya is getting sooo big.. isnt it so sad.. And wow I cant tell you guys how excited I am for you both that you are having another one.. Isn't it suck a blessing how they come? Well We hope all is well and we cant wait to find out what your having.. Congrats..

10:08 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

SO fun to get an update on that sweet little girl of yours! Can't wait to see her walk (in person). And I can't get over that she just barely fit's into a size 3... Trev's shoes we just bought him are a 4, granted they're a little big, but still! When are we going to get together??

11:09 PM  
Blogger Bob and Becky said...

We are so excited about your adventures as parents. Congrats!
Time passes us by so quickly. I learned a new word in Spanish...It's "parpadeo" and it means blink...Just like the mission..this time with your little ones will pass in a "blink" and it sounds like you are enjoying every minute. We love you and wish good health and prosperity for you and yours.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Felisha said...

Kaiya is so darling! It goes by so quickly, enjoy every moment! Preston is now 4 months old, where did that time go? Our kids are getting so big. Kate goes into Kindergarten next year....YIKES! And we will have Mia in Preschool....time is going by too fast! I wish i could use freeze mode. Take care, you guys are wonderful parents!

11:33 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Loved this post! Kaiya is a little doll. I loved watching her walk/waddle all over. I don't know why, but I teared up when she started saying "Da da." She's a special spirit.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

What a HOOT! I love that Ya-Ya! Miles loves to put things in clever hiding spots, as well. Credit cards in radiators, for example. :)

Karli, not to be a pain, but where is your pregnancy journey thingy, huh?? You know, those counters!? That's the word! I want to see a counter. :) So excited for KAiya to be a big sister.

3:53 PM  
Blogger The Englanders said...

Congratulations! I met you a couple of times from Chris, when he worked at Tetra! How are you guys? Tell him I said Hi, and congrats on the pregnancy! That's amazing, your story gave me goose bumps! So happy for you guys!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

A BIG THANKS for posting those "strolling" videos. Talk about darling. We watch them over and over. She even has personality when walking! We also enjoyed all the news clips about sweet YaYa.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

we had such a good time getting to know her when you guys were out here. she is so sweet!

i see you use the shaving cream:)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

First steps are so cute! Now the real fun begins! She's so darling!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

I finally got on checking others' blogs...and can I just say that I am SO happy for you! It is a miracle! I am sorry that you have been sick, though - mine only lasted for 23 weeks...but the second trimester is really fun...just wait! You are going to be one dang hot pregnant lady!

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones