It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
Oh man, I love this time of year! Can't get enough of it, actually. Why can't the Christmas season last for like 4 months?! (I guess it does if you're one of those people that leaves their lights up until April :)
Anyway, I'm not sure why, but we actually debated on whether or not we would pull out our Christmas decorations this year, since we aren't living in our own house. Upon further consideration, there was nothing to debate about! How could we not decorate?! What were we thinking?! We didn't pull out everything, but it sure is looking a lot more festive around here and I love it! It's like automatic happiness when the lights are up and the tree is standing there to greet us every day!
I absolutely LOVED this nativity that my mom had when I was growing up. I used to pick up the figurine of Jesus and give Him a kiss as I would pass by. It was so special to me when my mom passed it on to me last year. It is a treasured possession with such sentimental value.
Now the only things to debate are hot chocolate or apple cider (on a daily basis), which Christmas CD to crank up, how many activities can we squeeze into the month, what "secret" friends we will surprise this year, and what treats to put on our treat plates! I think today it's mint hot chocolate, the Jack Johnson Christmas CD, and the Ryan Shupe concert on Saturday night (you really should come join us for that -- it's going to be awesome, as always). Now, maybe we can get just a little bit of snow for the holidays -- doesn't it feel a little weird to not have ANY white stuff? Maybe I shouldn't jinx it! Ahhh, I can't get enough of this season!! And probably my favorite part of all -- turning out all the lights, snuggling up with my hubby and a blanket, and sitting by the glow of the lights. It's magical and it makes me feel like a kid again!


I absolutely LOVED this nativity that my mom had when I was growing up. I used to pick up the figurine of Jesus and give Him a kiss as I would pass by. It was so special to me when my mom passed it on to me last year. It is a treasured possession with such sentimental value.
Now the only things to debate are hot chocolate or apple cider (on a daily basis), which Christmas CD to crank up, how many activities can we squeeze into the month, what "secret" friends we will surprise this year, and what treats to put on our treat plates! I think today it's mint hot chocolate, the Jack Johnson Christmas CD, and the Ryan Shupe concert on Saturday night (you really should come join us for that -- it's going to be awesome, as always). Now, maybe we can get just a little bit of snow for the holidays -- doesn't it feel a little weird to not have ANY white stuff? Maybe I shouldn't jinx it! Ahhh, I can't get enough of this season!! And probably my favorite part of all -- turning out all the lights, snuggling up with my hubby and a blanket, and sitting by the glow of the lights. It's magical and it makes me feel like a kid again!







8 Comments:
Beautiful! I love it!
I love that the bottom part of your tree is bare, true indication that a toddler is in the house. :) You share so many of my favorites about Christmas also. By the way, your tree is gorgeous!
I love Christmas! Your decorations look beautiful, and I'm so glad you pulled them out.
It looks lovely! I love this time of year too, it's so festive.
your house looks so warm and festive Kar. Won't it be fun to see the awe in Kaiya's eyes this year? Don't even talk about mint hot choc. or cider!!! We do love to see your Christmas spirit. It warms our hearts.
Everything looks great! I was excited when I first got all my decor up and thought it looked great, but now I see yours and think mine just looks OK. I am trying to get all the same things decided as well!
Merry Christmas! Glad to see the spirit of the season got you. Just wish we were all getting together for our annual "friends" dinner. Very fond memories...
Your tree and decorations look amazing and, guess what....We had that SAME nativity set growing up! I loved it so much and my parents always had it on their piano! Crazy!
Post a Comment
<< Home