It's like an early Christmas!!
Well, we have been waiting to get ahold of my parents in India before sharing our news publicly! Blasted world time zones! Hehe!
But we can now break the silence and say with near certainty, it's a...
BOY!!!
No, it's not really. It's actually a...
GIRL!!!!!!!
Yep, that one is for real! We have another little princess cooking up!! Looks like Kaiya better get used to sharing -- clothes, a room, toys, hair bows, make-up, maybe even boys (in about 30 years, of course)! Hehe! I cannot even tell you how ECSTATIC we are about this news! I was pretty certain it was a boy, but Chris waid he KNEW it was a girl and he was right! When the nurse told us what she was seeing, I almost told her she needed to check again, so certain was I that there was a boy in there! But then almost immediately, it felt sooo right to know it was a SHE! I started thinking about how special this was going to be for Kaiya to have a sister so close in age, someone who will be her best friend, someone to share everything with, to have that bond that only sisters can have! It made my heart just melt to think about it! And all is exactly as it should be!
The ultrasound today brought lots of tears. I was already very emotional. I have been thinking so much about some people very close to me who have had some hard struggles lately with pregnancy. My heart has been so sensitive to them. And it has made my pregnancy hit a little closer to home. Before we left this morning, I went into Kaiya's room to give her a kiss and I started crying, so grateful for my two little miracles. Then in the car, I heard the most beautiful Christmas song (I think called "I Just Knew" by Cherie Call) and I cried again. So, by the time we actually got to the appointment, I was pretty much ready to cry at anything! Sure enough, the minute they turned on that screen and we saw our baby, the tears were coming. And then when the nurse said, "It looks like you're having a GIRL", I lost it! She didn't even have to look at me, she just reached over and handed me tissues! Our little girl was so beautiful today. On the screen, she appeared to be laying on her tummy,
and then she rolled all around, and showed us her hands and her feet
The ultrasound today brought lots of tears. I was already very emotional. I have been thinking so much about some people very close to me who have had some hard struggles lately with pregnancy. My heart has been so sensitive to them. And it has made my pregnancy hit a little closer to home. Before we left this morning, I went into Kaiya's room to give her a kiss and I started crying, so grateful for my two little miracles. Then in the car, I heard the most beautiful Christmas song (I think called "I Just Knew" by Cherie Call) and I cried again. So, by the time we actually got to the appointment, I was pretty much ready to cry at anything! Sure enough, the minute they turned on that screen and we saw our baby, the tears were coming. And then when the nurse said, "It looks like you're having a GIRL", I lost it! She didn't even have to look at me, she just reached over and handed me tissues! Our little girl was so beautiful today. On the screen, she appeared to be laying on her tummy,
and then she rolled all around, and showed us her hands and her feet(that's her little foot, by the way -- it's kinda hard to see!)
and we TRIED to see the necessary parts, but I still can't really see it, even after staring at the pictures! (if any of you can see it, you are superhuman, I swear!)
But she was so sweet and so active and now that I know that SHE is a girl, she is even more beautiful to me! It is a day I will never forget! I'm so thankful for this perfect, healthy, beautiful life that continues to grow and make me grow! And by the way, as of now (and subject to change, of course), our little girl is Taylor! Ooooh, I love it!!





26 Comments:
So excited for you and that is for sure a girl. If not you would see a little pokey thing in between those two legs. I love sisters...
Well we guessed wrong , but oh we are already loving Taylor. So glad that we will have a little red haired girl in the family!hehe
I think she will have long skinny arms and legs like her mommy had.....and still has.
Congratulations!!! SOOOO excited for you!!!
How fun! Congratulations! I'm so happy things are going well for you!
And now you have ME crying too! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, and Chris, and Ya-Ya. Taylor is such a beautiful name. I hope it sticks. I wish I could put into words how happy I am for you guys. Just meet me half way on that one. Love Camille
i cannot tell you how excited i was to get your call yesterday. we are SO excited for you guys and i love the name, i hope it stays. the monkeys {boys} say CONGRATS!!!!
Very cute name. It is adorable. I am so excited for little Kaiya to be able to have a sister. I love having my two oldest so close together. We NEVER had a problem with them getting along when they were younger. I think that since Lindsay was so young, it was easier for her to adjust to another one around the house. You will have so much fun!
SO fun- NOthing like seeing your baby on the ultrasound. When we went to find out about Cooper we took Savannah (she was about the same age as Kaiya). She was loved it and really thought it was funny.
Reading that post brought back so many memories for me! I remember feeling the same way about it actually being a girl because I too thought there was a baby boy in there. So excited for you! Taylor is a cute name!
so fun! That will be great to have two little girls. I was the only girl and always wished I had a sister. Rock on!
How fun!!! We love having 2 girls so close together, they have so much fun!! Everytime I read your blog I can't help but cry, we are so happy for you guys!
blog.hurstmanor.com
The key to telling that it is a girl is that there is nothing to see! Absolutely nothing between those little legs. That's exactly how Adelaide's picture looked. I'm so happy for you! I am partial to girls so that is always so exciting to hear!
Aren't ultrasounds amazing? Congratulations!
YAY!!!! Congrats. I told Chris to go with his gut because his mind said boy :D
Congrats!! Kaiya is so lucky to be having a sister. She'll be beautiful like her mom, I'm sure!
Yea for girls! They are the best, I tell ya. I LOVE the name, Taylor, and I love you, Karli! I'm SO happy for you and your beautiful, growing family. Thank you for the Christmas card. It brightened my day.
Congratulations you guys! Glad to hear it. Taylor is much better than Brock-Lee! We love you guys! Whit
Oh how excited I am for you! Kaiya will LOVE having a sister. Coming from a mom, of a girl who WISHES she had a sister! I am already excited to meet Taylor :)
Congrats and I love ya
For a second I thought the joke was on me... Then I scrolled down and saw girl! We are so thrilled for you guys! There's nothing like the bond between sisters, so precious!
Ultra sound memories: They kept telling us that Becca was a girl, and we kept thinking she was a boy. Katie said "Mom, you can't always see the stem on an apple!" I'm glad she was a girl. Congratuations!
CONGRATS!!!! With my lil girl both my husband and I thought for sure it was a boy. Then when the ultrasound tech said Its a girl we were way happy. My husband kept saying "are you sure?" Over and over. She was like "Yep and if you have a boy then I will buy you a whole new wardrobe." Pretty funnY! Congrats again!!!
Congrats!
Sisters!!!! What a miracle... Congrats again.
I don't know how I missed this post, but thank you for brightening my day with this great news!!!! You are joining my club!! (at least more than most people I know!!) Hooray!!!!! How fun!!!!! Kaiya gets a sister. Wow, how exciting. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on another girl! THat is so exciting to have two girls in a row, so they can be best friends!
As you know, little girls are so fun and sweet! Congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home