RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Here's to good health!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Here's to good health!

You know how it usually takes getting really sick to really appreciate your health and the body's amazing capacities?! Well, that is totally how I am feeling today!

It has been one of those weeks...you know, THOSE weeks! It started about a week ago for me with a simple cold, no big deal. Then a few days later, Chris came home from work not feeling so great and ended up with a HORRIBLE case of food poisoning. I mean, it was BAD, people! Chris is one of those lovely people who never, ever gets sick. I've never seen him throw up once since we have been married and he says it's been about 20 years since he has. Anyway, he got 20 years worth of YUCK in one case of bad food, I swear! We won't mention the guilty establishment who served him whatever it was, but let's just say Chris probably won't ever eat there again! He was losing his insides about every half hour on the dot the entire night, no sleep, no relief. It was a good couple of days before he was able to pull out of it. I have never felt so bad for him in my life! I thought for sure his spleen was going to come up in one of his upheavels! And at that point, we had no idea if it was a stomach virus or food poisoning, so I was just waiting for Kaiya and I to get it. THANK GOODNESS we didn't!

Next, before Chris could even completely recover, I woke up and my simple cold had turned into a sinus infection. I didn't know that's what it was because I had never had one, but my jaw and cheek and head were in so much pain! I tried getting ahold of my doctor all day on New Year's Eve, but I think his office was closed and could never reach anyone. Chris went to the pharmacy to ask what I could take, being prego. They said if it was an infection, the OTC drugs wouldn't do much and I needed antibiotics. Sooo, I thought I could just be tough and ride it out until I could get a prescription from my doc. Wrong idea. I should NOT have let it go because by about midnight, just as the ball was dropping, I was ready to head to the E.R. to join the drunks and crazies! I have never felt that kind of pain before in my life! Seriously! I was in tears, but the tears just created more pressure in my head, so all I could do was sit there and feel my entire head throb like my heart had moved north into my cheek! We finally called my doc's emergency line. You know, the one you are supposed to use if you are in LABOR! I felt bad doing that, but I didn't know what else to do! He immediately called me in a prescription for some pain meds and antibiotics and I was able to start treating the infection at about 1:00 that morning. It took the next few days of continuing pain until I started to get some relief, but today I woke up for the first time, feeling really good again! I have never felt so grateful!! And I will never let a sinus infection get that out of control again!

So, after a rough week, we are feeling soooo thankful for our health again! And the greatest blessing of all? Kaiya never got any of it! Thank goodness! She is healthy as can be and that is a HUGE relief! There is really nothing worse than having sick kiddies and I'm glad Kaiya escaped it this time!

We also had another doc appointment yesterday (we are now 20 weeks), and after a very nerve-racking couple of minutes of not being able to find the heart beat, we finally found it, loud and clear, fast and strong! Little Taylor seems to be doing wonderful! AND, about a week and a half ago, I started to feel her moving!! It has been soooo fun and she sure is an active little chickadee! I feel her A LOT moving around in there! It's the most bizarre, beautiful, fun feeling in the world! Chris has even been lucky enough to feel some good kicks! We both get so excited to feel her and to continue to experience the REALITY of her life growing! LOVING pregnancy so much right now! And loving my health and the health of my family!! Whew!

10 Comments:

Blogger The Moon's said...

That is so cool that you are feeling the baby now and enjoying the miracle inside you! And such a blessing that little Kaiya didn't get sick. Hope your families health continues to stay good!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Being sick stinks! I am glad you guys are recovering. Hopefully this is all you will have to deal with the rest of the season!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh man, that's rough! I'm sorry we don't live closer to you to at least bring dinner in or something. So fun that you are feeling little Taylor move, oh it's so magical! We need to chat, it's been forever!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Food poisoning is the worst! I'm so glad your doctor was able to help you! It's hard being sick when pregnant. So happy all is well now!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

I have never had food poisoning or a sinus infection, knock on wood, but that sounds HORRIBLE!!!!! So glad you're past that now - yuck!!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Wow, what a week. This time last year I too had to go to the ER due to a 104 temp for 4 days. I thought I could get rid of it myself, but not the case.

As for the food poisioning. I totally know what he was going through. Two days after I came home from the hospital with Lindsay I found some KFC in my fridge thinking that it was brand new from my inlaws. NOT THE CASE! It made Mitchell and I so sick that we went to the ER for fluids. It was horrible and I will never eat a piece of chicken again that is not fresh.

Glad to hear that you are all well again and that you felt Taylor kick. It is an amazing feeling. I love when they hiccup, now that is a weird feeling.

10:55 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Being sick is the worst! Especially when you are prego and the mom! Glad you are all feeling back to "normal". As for feeling the baby move, isn't it the best! I loved that part so much and really missed it after Ava was born. I have to agree with Janessa on the hicups, it is the weirdest feeling. Ava used to get them like clock work everyday my last two weeks of pregnancy. So weird!

10:16 PM  
Blogger britt said...

glad to hear you guys have recovered! Sorry I have been such a slacker sister lately!! We need to get together soon. I want to see that little belly of yours and feel Taylor moving around. Next week?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ora said...

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better. We're so happy for you and that you are gonna be having a new member of the family soon. We miss hanging out with you guys! Give us a call next time you're around.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick - no fun! I am glad that Kaiya didn't get sick, whew!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones