RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: We've been up to...

Monday, February 23, 2009

We've been up to...

...our ears in snow. Well, that was actually last week, but it's been awhile since I posted! We had a HUGE storm early last week and Chris got stuck at work because the canyons were closed most of the day. He finally made it home at about 10 that night, only to find about 2 feet of snow piled up in the driveway that needed to be plowed. POOR guy! He didn't make it to bed that night till about 11:30. I am desperately hoping that was winter's last hoorah of a storm, but that's wishful thinking in Utah!
...weddings and seeing old friends. This was also a few weeks ago, but such a special event, I have to mention it! Our oldest family friends, the Cox's, had their last son take the wedding plunge and we were able to come and be apart of Matt's special (and, unfortunately, very COLD) day. His parents are actually serving as mission presidents in Mexico, so only his mom was able to make it (dad had to stay and make sure the mission kept running smooth), but all of the rest of the family was there from California as well and it was just WONDERFUL to see them all. We missed Bob (oops, I mean President Cox) so much, but felt his warm spirit there with us all! We are so happy for Matt and Brenna and so glad that we got to reunite with such special and loved people! (These pictures are borrowed 'cause I was smart and forgot my camera!)
...stairs! Yes, an OBSESSION for this little girl. Up and down all day long and she never seems to tire! But, do you notice that little mischevious smile on her face?! Well, what this picture does not show is how she is also obsessed with throwing anything and everything down the stairs! She loves to stand at the top, toss something over the edge, and watch whatever it is tumble all the way down. It's an extra treat when that something lands with a bang! Obviously, mom and dad do not share her love of this little activity and we have had to have lots of time-outs over this little issue! But how can you get too mad at that face?! A phase we hope she grows out of really soon!
...LOVE! Gosh, everything I am writing about is old news, but oh well -- that's what you get for being a bad blogger! We had a fabulous Valentine's Day this year, as always! Kaiya was spoiled, not only by mommy and daddy, but also by Jessika and her parents! They are always so sweet and remember her at every holiday! Jessika's mom started the cutest tradition with Kaiya that she does with her own kids, and that is to give a pillow case at every holiday, so that Kaiya will have a special pillow case to lay on when each holiday comes around! She got the cutest little V-day one with hearts all over it! Love it! Kaiya also helped me make some fun homemade hearts for Chris, and daddy returned the favor by spoiling his girls as well! Complete with the cheesiest heart-shaped box of chocolates (an inside joke, as I beg him to NEVER, EVER buy me a heart-shaped box of chocolates) that you could ever find! I had a good laugh over that! We almost didn't make our date that night, since our babysitter called that morning to say she was sick. But luckily one of my Beehives pulled through for us and we were able to spend like 7 hours out together that night! WOW, I don't remember the last time we had that much time to ourselves! We talked and talked ad talked and laughed and held hands and stole kisses and enjoyed a fabulously romantic dinner at Rickenbacker's -- YUM! I am so in love with my family and so grateful for a special day to show a little extra love to my favorite valentines!! ...painting. Kaiya's new favorite activity! She seriously LOVES when I pull out the paints and has made some nice cards for her friend Ryley, her great grandma's, and of course for grandma and grandpa Asplund on their mission. And of course, she has to give each creation a kiss when it's all done! She doesn't much like clean-up, though, just like her mom! ...getting together with some of our favorite people that we don't get to see NEARLY enough! We enjoyed a FUN night out with Ry and Ash and the kiddies at Stoneground in SLC. Yummy dinner, but even better conversation and catching up and realizing again just how much we miss our old next-door friends! Ryley and Kaiya were giving kisses to each other and we were trying to catch it on camera, but technology was not cooperating and we kept missing the moment. Therefore, the girls kissed each other about 400 times until we finally caught one. They didn't seem to mind -- probably because they are both the sweetest little girls on the planet and have plenty of kisses to spare! ...dance, dance, dance! Another of Kaiya's (and mommy's) favorite activities! We love to crank up the music and get our groove on! Good exercise and there is no denying that there is something that lifts the spirits when you can let loose and dance like nobody is watching! Luckily, Kaiya is still too young to be embarrassed of her mom getting down and she is still very happy to join me at every chance! I hope you dance, baby girl, always!
...NURSERY!! Oh, for all you moms out there, you know what a HUGE deal this one is for us! Especially since it is our first experience with sending our baby for the first time! Yep, Kaiya jumped the hurdle this past Sunday and is now an official member of the 18 month-3 year club at church! I can't even tell you the anxiety I had about this, just imagining the worst (tantrums, screaming, a head poking in the door during Sunday School to have me come take my inconsolable child). To my utter and complete surprise, the minute we walked in the door, Kaiya ran for the toys and never looked back! I didn't know what to do since her willingness was so unexpected, so I had to ask one of the workers if it was ok to leave, to which he gave me a strange look and said, "well, of course". So, out we walked and didn't hear a single cry coming from our girl! YAY!!! And no visits to pull us out to come get her for the full two hours! When Chris picked her up, they said she did wonderful and completely attached herself to one of the workers who took such good care of her! Now, I'm not naive enough to think that this will be the scenerio every week, but hallelujah, we got the first week over and I am feeling sooo much more relieved about the whole thing! Good job, Ya-ya! And is it ok that I maybe cried just a little bit when I saw her little scribbled coloring book and heard the good report from the nursery workers? Either it's hormones or I am completely proud of my little girl and also a bit sad that she is growing up so fast! I guess nursery was more emotional for me than it was for Kaiya!
...growing! 28 weeks and getting more huge by the day! Just had a doc appt. this week and all is well with baby Tay! Mom, however, is starting to get more and more uncomfortable, but is feeling really good overall. A few very annoying things I'm currently experiencing: INSOMNIA -- grrrr! Pretty much every night, I'm up for at least an hour sometime during the night (usually longer) for no reason at all, except that I just can't go back to sleep. Aching ribs -- this little girl must have one of her feet stuck in my left ribs, because every time I sit down, I feel major pain in just that one side of my ribs! Potty breaks -- like every hour! Soooo annoying! I don't think I've ever purchased so much toilet paper! Enough said! Body parts falling asleep -- I can really only sleep on one side comfortably, but that also means that my left arm and hand and hip fall asleep almost every night! And a funny story: the other night, I got my first major cramp in my calf. It was about 3 in the morning and I sat up in bed, calf fully flexed and cramped in a way that I have NEVER experienced before. It scared me and hurt so bad that I couldn't help but let out a very loud "OWWWW", which of course woke Chris up immediately. He was so confused until I could get out that my calf was cramping, so he rubbed it out, and as we both laid back down in bed, he proceeds to tell me that he thinks he needs to change the sheets because he may have wet the bed, thinking that I was going into labor! We laughed so hard and I realized that I need to be a bit more careful in how I react to things, so as not to scare the living daylights out of my poor husband! I don't know how many of those false alarms he can handle! Hehe!

Well, I think that fills in some of our comings and goings over the last few weeks. Time is flying by, we are busy, but so happy, and grateful for all of our many blessings! And oh my goodness, this baby is coming soon! I can't hardly believe it! YIKES!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Ya! You posted! i've been missing your posts on here lately. It was great to be with you guys the other night, when are we having a slumber party? Seriously! So so happy for you that Kaiya did so well in nursery, you know how hard that was for me with Ryley. Hope we can get together after Kansas. You look so great by the way, seriously such a HOT mama!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

You look SO gorgeous!!! I'm glad you FINALLY posted a belly pic. :) I love the way you posted all the "catch-up" news. I think I might have to copy your style. (Although I can't write as well as you, this was a fun read) I had to laugh at all the aches and pains of pregnancy, I don't miss them, but I do at the same time. Only being up for 1 hour is luxury! I'm so happy for you with the way things are going and Kaiya being such a wonderful girl for you. (Jade was like that too, my boys have been opposite, hehe) Take care and I hope things go well during this last part of the pregnancy!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

What a cute Mommy you are! I'm still so happy for you guys. Kaiya's in nursery? Wow! Time does fly. Good for her going right in. So glad everyone is well.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

You have been a busy gal. I love Kaiya's hair and dress, so adorable. The good ole charlie horses in the legs...HaTe ThOsE! I had a really bad one that I could not get rid of for about 20 minutes, it was horrible. A good thing to do, if it happens again is to drink salt water or eat bananas, so my dr says. I have only tried the salt water and it does work right away....gross, but works. You look adorable.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Yeah! I've missed reading about what you are up to! I am glad that you had a wonderful V-day...that is pretty neat that Jesseka and her family remember Kaiya on holidays! I am glad nursery went so well, too...seriously, I am shocked that it has been 18 months! WOW! Time flies! You look fabulous at 28 weeks - I know you feel huge, but you really look small! I am jealous! I remember the insomnia, it doesn't get better - I think it is to prepare you for a newborn! And charlie horses were SO bad for me in the middle of the night, although eating 2 bananas a day seemed to help with that. I remember babyAnsley ALWAYS had her foot in my left rib, too (in fact, my rib cage expanded one inch, seriuosly!)...so next pregnancy, I am wrapping an ace bandage around my ribs so little feet cannot take up residence there! ;-) Good luck!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

O.K., I have missed your posts but now I am sitting here crying from
1) seeing how cute you look prego and your round little belly
2) seeing Kaiya walking to Nursery in her grown up hair and dress--toooo darn cute. Love my girls!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger the splendid life of us... said...

What a fun update! You are beautiful with your cute round tummy, Kaiya is getting so big, I can't believe she is in nursery! (We have 3.5 months left, but whos counting). I can't wait for the safe arrival of little Taylor!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your belly is so cute. It's good to hear what you have been up to. It's not like you to wait so long to post! P.S. What is stoneground? I haven't heard of it but if it's delicious I want to try it!

5:35 PM  
Blogger britt said...

OK I don't think I can remember EVERYTHING you posted about, so I will just comment on 2 things I remember:
stairs-oh yes, that isn't usually a quick phase. Ash still throws anything and everything down them and even Kaipo still sometimes.
nursery-hurray for Kaiya. How lucky you are that she has made that transition so easy! Maybe it was because she looked soo darn cute :) and grown up! She had to act the part.
And YOU are finally looking prego and soo cute!! I'm so excited :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Fun update on so many good things! You look great! Dontcha just love the independence of this age/phase? The toy throwing down the stairs! How fun!! Pey is a year older and it is still fun to throw cat food all around our house (living room). :-)

7:17 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

You have been a busy little bee. :) Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you guys had a great Valentines Day. You two are such an ideal couple, that it's sickening...but, in a good way. :)

I cannot believe that Kaiya is old enough to be in Nursery! I'm glad that her first week went well. Our little Emma is just finally getting used to it and she's two and 1/2! She's pretty shy, though.

Your baby bump looks amazing, as do you! I'm so excited for you and and even teared up at the sight of it. You're beautiful!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones