RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: "B-day" eve!

Monday, May 18, 2009

"B-day" eve!

Well, it's the night before little Taylor is set to join our family and the butterflies are sure flapping in my big ole' belly! Yes, I am freaking out just a bit considering I'm about to go do something that I haven't ever done before that seems like a huge deal! Yes, it is still CRAZY for me to consider that the next time I come back to this house, I will have another child! Yes, every time my mind has started to drift to thoughts of tomorrow, I feel like I might lose my lunch a little! BUT...NO, I don't think I have been so excited since the day we went in with Jessika to see our little Ya-ya come into the world! No, I feel like I absolutely cannot wait one single day more to meet this little Tay-tor tot! And YES, the nervousness is definitely mixed with PURE excitement over being able to experience the miracle of giving birth to our sweet girl! So, though parts of me wish that I could just stay pregnant forever (or could just kinda skip over the whole labor part), the majority of me is just so dang excited to have Taylor here, finally!
So, what do you do on "B-day" eve? Well, I did a bit of cleaning to finish off my nesting. I read some pages from my "What to Expect the First Year" book. I took a trip to the grocery store to pick up some last minute odds and ends. I had a great conversation with my parents, planning out how we were going to keep them in the loop with the events of tomorrow all the way in India. But the BEST and most important thing that I did today was spend the day with Kaiya. I may have watched her a little more intently and lovingly, as thoughts of her no longer being my only child swirled around. I may have kissed her WAY too much and loved on her more than she ever wanted me to in one single day! I may have even shed a few tears as I hung out with her. But I had to! I don't know why I am sooo emotional over her, but I guess I am just so worried about how her little world is about to be turned upside down! She is such a sweet and sensitive little girl, that I'm sure she will love her new sister to pieces. And maybe I'm making the whole transition a bigger deal than Kaiya even will! But either way, I just really wanted to enjoy my time with her today and I really, really did. We didn't do anything too special, just our usual playing and hanging out. But it was so special to me! I am overwhelmed with how much I love her and how much I have LOVED having her as my partner in crime these last 21 months! Now, we'll just have a new member of our team and that will be awesome too! It was extra fun when Chris got home from work, too, because he was able to spend some really good time with us tonight as well. Nothing like spending this particular night together as a family!
(playing catch with daddy)
(watching the ducks)
(cooling off at the well)
(sister's carseat is in and ready to go -- AND kaiya seems to like the impending company!)
So, I'm off now to pack some last minute things and then to try and get a wink of sleep (YEAH RIGHT) before the big day! Wish us luck!

13 Comments:

Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I can hardly wait to see pictures of the new little one. Good luck tomorrow!

Looks like you had a great time together today. I think I've been to that well to fill up water bottles before...

9:01 PM  
Blogger Chelley said...

prayers that all goes well!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Last comment to the mother of ONE. I will be lying by my computer all night awaiting the news. My love and prayers are with you dear one.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Felisha said...

Our prayers are with you! Good luck and take a deep breath and relax! :) It is such an exciting day and time!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

So excited for you all. Hope Taylor's entry into this world goes smoothly! Can't wait for the update :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

It's now 7:29 a.m. and I'm willing to bet you're at the hospital right now...all ready to have this baby! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Good luck! I hope that it is a smooth delivery! I will be checking intently to see when the next post will come!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I'm crying after reading your blog. It was such a great post. Your daughter is beautiful. She will be a great big sister. Enjoy every moment of your little Taylor's birth day. I'm excited to see pictures when you get a minute to post them. But till then just enjoy this day!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my godness. I was thinking of your cute little family the other day and thought you must be getting close.But I didn't realize close as in today.:)So very excited for you guys. Good luck. I am sure you will do great. And Karli you look beautiful. Didn't I tell you 9 months ago I knew you were going to be a beautiful pregnant mama? Can't wait to see pix of Taylor. We love you guys.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

yeah!!! Hope everything goes well! Can't wait to see the pictures! good luck!!! It's going to be amazing!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

OH my gosh, good luck today! You lucky kids you.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I have to say after spending the day with Kaiya today, she will be such a FANTASTIC big sister. SHe was so sweet with all her "babies" around the house. I can also see why you're so smitten with that sweet girl, I'm already missing her hugs and kisses. Wish I could have seen you tonight, but I loved the pics! Love you!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

You resurfaced old feelings I had the week before my second was born. I felt sooooo bad for jordyn....almost like I was somehow taking away some of my love for her to give it away to this new baby. But luckily, that is not how it ended up feeling! The love just magically multiplied.

Am soooooooo anxious to meet Taylor via blog!!!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones