Spoiled
Yes, I will admit it, I have been totally spoiled this weekend! Not necessarily because I deserve it, but definitely because I have some pretty great people around me!
Friday night, Chris took me out on a much needed, last-call (for a little while, anyway) date, just the two of us! I was secretly hoping that Taylor would not decide to come before we could get in this time together and she was a good girl and waited for our date! It was sooooo good. I mean, so good, to be out with Chris. There was just something about knowing that life is going to change big-time in the coming weeks and being able to have this one-on-one time together, uninterrupted, to just enjoy each other. I know these kinds of things get more difficult with more kids, but it is so important to me to have alone time with my best friend and Chris is always so good to make sure we fit this into our lives. I'm so glad we got to do this and cherish my time with Chris so much! Thanks, sweetie! I love you!

Then Saturday morning, Chris sent me off to get my hair done, and didn't complain ONE second that my appointment took 3 1/2 hours! (Yeah, don't even get me started on that!). He is just always so good about not just taking Kaiya, but encouraging me to get out, and ENJOYING his alone time with his little girl! I love that about Chris, and of course, you just always feel a little bit better after getting your hair done!
Saturday night, some very wonderful and thoughtful friends planned a little girls night out, in leiu of a shower (because I really didn't need anything this time around for Taylor). It was such a FUN night! We went out to dinner and just talked and laughed and enjoyed some time away from the everyday swing of kids and life! What a fun group of friends and how grateful I am for everyone's kindness in coming and sharing a fun evening with me! I think we all decided that we need to make this a more regular occurance, whether we have a reason or not! Don't we all just need girl time like that?! My sister and SIL were able to make it too, which meant a lot to me as well! When I got home, Kaiya was snug in bed, and Chris had great stories to tell me about all the fun they had had together, visiting the ducks, sharing ice cream, and missing mom. Could I ask for anything more wonderful than that?!
I feel so lucky to have such great people in my life who are so willing to serve and show such kindness to me. I truly had such a FUN weekend and felt completely spoiled, which is both humbling and very nice! Thanks so much to everyone! Now it's on to waiting for the BIG day (whenever it finally gets here) and getting ready for life to be turned right upside down! Oh boy!
I feel so lucky to have such great people in my life who are so willing to serve and show such kindness to me. I truly had such a FUN weekend and felt completely spoiled, which is both humbling and very nice! Thanks so much to everyone! Now it's on to waiting for the BIG day (whenever it finally gets here) and getting ready for life to be turned right upside down! Oh boy!**And a side note update: went to the doctor today and NOTHING had changed since last week! Still dialated to a 3 and 65% effaced. So, maybe my prediction of Taylor coming early is not actually going to happen! She is doing a good job at fooling us! We'll see what the coming week brings!





11 Comments:
How exciting. Mommy time alone is so important. It seriously helps me to get through the week when I get a little bit of a time out for myself. Good for you and good for your husband to realize that you needed it!
How great to have these "alone" times before the big day. That's exciting to hear that maybe she'll be coming early! Hope everything goes well. I better get her gift mailed huh? :)
So fun!! Glad you were able to be spoiled a bit, you always deserve a weekend like that! Maybe Taylor decided she's just much more comfortable in there than out here... My babies seemed to think that :).
I am dialated to a 4 by 36 weeks with each of my kids and the only one I even went into labor with by myself was Luka ( I had to be induced with the other two) so..... good luck, our bodies are crazy and like to trick us sometimes.
so exciting! I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced for a month. they come when they want to! they have their own plan! :) She will come when she is ready! We are so excited for you guys! Kaiya is going to be a great big sister!
It's so nice to be spoiled sometimes! You never know, she could still come early. I wasn't dialated at all when Adelaide came. She'll come when she's ready for sure!
I was so glad to be able to come to dinner to, even though we had to skip out due to Ame's upset stomach.
It is a total guessing game with these babies when they will actually arrive. Maybe MY prediction won't be right either. I guess Taylor will just come when SHE is good and ready :)
Love ya
That night was sooo much FUN! The picture turned out great of all of us, good job bringing your camera! We for sure need to do things like that more often!
Good luck with the guessing game of when little Taylor is coming, kind of frustrating....well worth the wait though!!!
You look great! Remember that dilation and effacement are not always the best indicators...watch your emotions - THAT'LL really let you know...good luck! You are almost there!
Girls night out is always needed! I was lucky to have a girls day out with Ava, Katie and Savannah on Saturday and then some time away with my neighbor that night. Getting away for an evening is necessary for my sanity. The waiting game is trying, but she will be here before you know it. I am so excited to hear all about it and of course to see how beautiful she is! I am so excited for you :)
You deserve to be spoiled!
I swear, Chris is like the husband that every woman dreams of. He is so thoughtful and considerate. It's so important to have those "alone" times. It helps keeps you sane...especially with two. I'm getting so excited for Taylor to get here!
Post a Comment
<< Home