RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: So good, it's a sin!

Friday, March 14, 2008

So good, it's a sin!

Ok, if there is anything that could be dangerously addictive for me, it's these little bite-sized pieces of heaven! I was first introduced to the "habit" when I lived in Hawaii and could buy boxes of these at any store. But unfortunately the withdrawals started as soon as we hit the mainland! And the withdrawals have been tormenting my poor tastebuds ever since! Luckily we have a wonderful friend, Brad, who regularly visits tropical places (he's fixes planes in the military) and has access to getting me a fix every couple of months or so. Every time we hear he's in Guam or Hawaii or wherever, my mouth starts watering like Pavlov's dogs, knowing that the sweet goodness is heading my way! And sure enough, Brad NEVER disappoints! This trip, he brought back TWO boxes (does he have any idea that he's feeding an addict?!) and both boxes were devoured in a day! If you have ever tasted the goodness of Hawaiian Host Maui Caramacs, we should form a support group, because I know you must be addicted like me! And here are some pictures to taunt your addiction...slowly and painfully! Mmmmm!

First, you stare in eagar anticipation at the beautiful box. Next, you take the top off, knowing that all that separates you from your chocolate goodness is that thin, white protective cover. You reach for the goodness, You hold the goodness in your hand, in awe of it's beauty, And then it's time! Yes, you send your tastebuds into a frenzy full of the perfect combination of carmel and chocolate and nuts! (And no, sharing is NOT a requirement) And then you smile and imagine yourself on a beach in Hawaii, with the lingering after-taste of pure heaven! Ahhhh! And then, in an instant, you realize that you have eaten the whole box :( And then it's over. And you wait for Brad's next trip!

10 Comments:

Blogger The Moon's said...

you kill me!! That is hilarious! Lindsay and I got these when we flew to Hawaii "space A" (military style) as a gift for his parents, but I think that we helped them eat half of the box, they were so good! I agree

3:43 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

That is so funny. I am going to have to try them one of these years. Who knows if I will ever make it to Hawaii. :) They look delightful!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I have to agree, those are soooo good! Now I want one.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

How did I live in Hawaii for 12 years and never had the Carmel ones? Only the Macadamia nut ones!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

That is hilarious. I share in your love.

And you just took these for us to see your huge wedding ring. You're so vain. Kidding.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

You had me laughing with your step by step description! How funny, and so cute! Those DO look good! I've never had one, so it is now going on my "things to do and eat before I die" list. I do understand your addiction, however. I have a few things that I feel this way about and they are much more accessible! Uh-oh!

9:52 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Those pictures were great! Those look so yummy!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

I love those too, but I remember you REALLY loving them! They are worthy of the step-by-step post!!!

So, a while back, before we went to Hawaii, Tucker came home with the Toffe-Macs, and I was like huh? Guess they sell them at Marshall's quite often. Do you have Marshall's there? Check the food section!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering!

12:30 PM  
Blogger britt said...

those are quite delicious. your step by step process to enjoy one was quite hilarious...especially the last pic.
once in a while we get them from quinn's dad. you can get them at hilo hattie-there's one in Las Vegas and a few in cali. or if you are dying for them, you could order online.
glad you enjoyed your little piece of paradise! i really want the realy thing-to be in hawaii again

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones