RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: My parents are missionaries!!

Monday, February 25, 2008

My parents are missionaries!!

Well, it's official -- the folks have become Elder and Sister! Yesterday was such a special day for the family. We were ALL able to go and witness my parents being set apart as missionaries for our Church. My brother and his wife were here from Cali, along with the rest of us already here in Utah, and it was just amazing being able to all be together supporting our parents in this HUGE event in their lives. My brothers and the sons-in-law were all able to stand in on their being set apart, which was truly one of the neatest things I had ever witnessed. My parents later humbly spoke about the warmth and the love and protection they felt sitting in that circle, surrounded by such good men that our family has been blessed with. I couldn't help but think about how things had come full circle for my parents. They have supported and encouraged and loved each one of their children as we all served our missions, and now it is our turn to do the same for them. I could not be happier for them and the excitement that I see radiating from them as they prepare to serve Heavenly Father's children in India. They both have such a special gift of being able to love and serve not only their Father, but also His children. They have spent a lifetime doing so. Now they will continue that service wearing the name of Christ over their hearts. This morning I watched them load their big suitcases in the car to go to the MTC and I couldn't help but smile, seeing them in their name-tags, with so much enthusiasm and excitment for the adventures that await them. I also couldn't stop the little tear in my eye as I thought about the good they will do and how much I will miss them. I am so incredibly grateful for their examples to me and for the blessing of having such amazing parents. I only hope I can be the kind of support to them that they have ALWAYS been to me throughout my life. I also hope they are enjoying the MTC grub -- mmmm!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

We're so thrilled for them!! I saw your pics on Leah's site and they look so good!!! I'm so happy you got some amazing shots that you love!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Your parents are so awesome Karli! I'm so happy for them and the adventures that certainly lie ahead. You are a great testament to the type of people your folks must be.

6:14 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

I agree with Camille. You have wonderful parents and they raised wonderful children. I'm very happy for them and I know they will have amazing experiences and touch the lives of many in India.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Well yes we are OFFICIAL. (I guess that happens after the first meal at the MTC) We are so happy that you were able to participate in our special night yesterday. It was truly one of the spiritual pinacles of my life and the best part was having each one of you there. Thanks for yur support. We love you all.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Your parents have always had a special place in my heart and they always will. Your Mom was a wonderful Young Women leader to me. I remember a lot of the fun lessons that she taught me. I also had the great privledge to work with your Dad. What a wonderful and spiritual man. I know that they will have the time of their lives. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to your parents. Very exciting. Dean told me you guys were moving so I wanted to wish you guys the best.(Even though I thought the next move was supposed to be back to the mothership) :) I was about to feel bad with all that moving involves and all I knew you guys must be doing in preparing for this week until I saw your weekend getaway. :)You're making it hard to feel sympathetic for you. J/K We love you guys and are excited to see you and meet Kai this weekend. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Love,Jeanette and Dean

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

This is so exciting for your family! What an amazing place they are going to! It sounds like a really special experience you guys had all together, not many families get that. Good luck with your move!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Oh, and I just have to tell you again how much I love your music choices, I dragged myself off the sick couch yesterday and did dishes with the laptop near and your playlist going loud from your blog. :) Love it, thanks! (I'm too cheap to buy my own music, I just go to your blog. hehe)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Kikilia said...

Question- why did only the men get to stand with your folks? Why not the whole family?

I'm not LDS- so am clueless.

And as a total aside- my Pipsqueak was adopted from India.

I hope they have a wonderful exprience in my daughter's birth country.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones