RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Weekend getaway

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend getaway

For V-day this year, Chris booked a room at the cutest bed and breakfast in Providence (called the Providence Inn). We took Kaiya up to my parents, who kindly spent some good grandma and grandpa time babysitting her, so that Chris and I could go enjoy a few days together. It was seriously JUST what I needed. I have been so stressed out about all of the changes happening in our lives, and I honestly didn't think about any of those things the whole time we were gone! Man, did I need that! This B&B is absolutely WONDERFUL and I would recommend it a million times over. It reminded me so much of the adorable little bed and breakfast places that they have all over Scotland, so I felt right at home! I am a sucker for the little details (little things definitely go a long way with this girl), and this place did such a good job with those -- a wide selection of movies to check out, a tub of popcorn delivered to the room while watching movies, fresh homemade cookies and hot chocolate ready whenever you wanted them, walls covered in history of the town and the building we stayed in, beautiful antique furniture in every room, the option of having breakfast served to your room or down in the adorable parlor area, the most pleasant staff, ready and willing to pretty much wait on you hand and foot to make your stay absolutely enjoyable, etc, etc. We just absolutely loved our stay there. Our room was beautiful, again with such an attention to the little details. The massive jetted tub was also a huge selling point! We just spent the weekend relaxing, talking, laughing, and forgetting about the busy-ness of life. We ate at the most delicious restaurant called Cafe Sabor, and then in the morning enjoyed a delicious hot home cooked breakfast. I told Chris this may have to become a tradition for us, because it was seriously one of the funnest things we've done in awhile! Thanks so much, babe, for such a great weekend! I love ya! On our way back through, after picking up Sweet Pea, we stopped by our little nephew Kaipo's birthday party, and were able to enjoy spending some time with our family. Happy Birthday, little buddy! Kaiya loved the Pirate party!! (Sorry for all the pics, but Kaiya was in such a good mood, enjoying the party! Her smile just absolutely melts me!)

15 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

that looks like a cute b&b. i am so glad you guys were able to do this and it was perfect timing! i cannot wait to see you guys in just 5 days, the count down has begun.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time. Can't wait for our date this weekend!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well it was our special time with "baby girl" and how we loved it. I really slept in her room to just be near her all night.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Marc and Megan said...

Sounds pure heavenly! You've been very convincing... since I have a brother that lives in Providence, I think we might just have to check that B&B out next time we're out there. Thanks for the recommendation!

Oh, and, I hope everything falls smoothly into place in the coming days and weeks.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

BEAUTIFUL! It's good to step away for a bit so you have an opportunity to "miss" even the daily grind. A weekend away sounds like heaven! You two are so CUTE!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Those are such cute pictures of her! The bed and breakfast looks nice too. Davey and I went to the Johnson Mill a couple of weeks ago for our anniversary in Midway. It was awesome!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

My husband and I are thinking of going to a B&B for our 10th anniversary this year. I think that your post has pushed me to look into it and book a room. How romantic!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That hat is hilarious. I LOVE cafe sabors. YUM YUM. Are you going to tell us where you are moving yet.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That B&B looks so cute! I'm so glad you had such a great time, and were able to escape all your worries and stress.

6:01 PM  
Blogger A Little Sass said...

That sounds like such a great weekend! What a cute husband you have. I gotta find myself one of those! ;)

6:29 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

That B&B looks AMAZING! I'm jealous, but also very happy for you. :) That sounds like it was a great time and I'm glad you were able to get away. Even though you miss the little one, that one on one time with the husband is so important!

Kaiya is a little cutie pie!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

so awesome to still do "couple" things! It gets harder and harder...but also more and more important! looks so fun Kar!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Man, Lee could learn a thing or two from Chris! I hope that helped a little with all your stress. Kaiya is such a doll. We miss her!

12:00 AM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I love weekend getaways! The B&B looks so cute. Kaiya is growing up so fast. Can't wait to see her.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

That time alone is so important. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful relaxing time.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones