RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)

This evening I am so selfishly heartbroken for the passing of our beloved prophet, President Hinckley. We have been sitting and reflecting (and doing a lot of crying) for the past few hours, on the impact that he has had on our lives, during a time that was so important in our lives as we have grown up and developed our testimonies. There was truly not a better man on the earth at this time who did more good or worked more tirelessly in service for others and for God. His influence will be a continuing source of inspiration and guidance and peace. Words can't begin to express how much he will be missed. But that is the selfish side of me, wishing that he could have been with us for even longer, though we have been so blessed to have him here for so long. On the other hand, I am so happy that he can now rest and be with his sweet wife again. Today is one of those days that will be remembered in my mind and heart throughout my life and I am humbled by all that President Hinckley's life has meant to me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carlotta said...

I feel like someone threw a brick in my face when I opened your blog! I have been under a rock today. WOW! How sad yes, I too selfishly agree but oh how sweet it is that he is wish his dear Wife again!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Oh me too Karli. I have been feeling so heavy hearted, and yet so happy for his reuniting with old friends. He was amazing.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

I keep trying to remember (in between the tears) how happy he must be right now after the reunion with his eternal love. That makes me happy.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I wish that I could write my feelings like you can. What a special gift. I too have been reflecting upon all that President Hinckley has done for us. He has been such a part of our lives for so long. What an amazing man. I told my husband that he is having a glorious reunion right now. He will truly be missed.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I was so shocked. Even though I know he can't live forever I never thought he'd actually go. He is surely missed already.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

And 2 days ago I just bought the new picture of the first presidency with Pres. Eyring. Who would have thought. We have truly lived to see a modern miracle in the things he has brought to completion for our benefit. How blessed we are to had Pres. Hinckley as our beacon.

11:02 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

When my Mom called and told me the news, I stopped dead in my tracks and my heart sank for the loss of truly an amazing man and example to us all.

What a pure soul and I imagine his reunion with his sweet wife was an amazing one.

We love you, President Hinckley! Thank you for everything that you did for the LDS church and the people of the world.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

This was, indeed, sad news last night. Becca was actually looking at her step-sister's blog and clicked on a link that flashed a new bulletin. She clicked on it and told us all to "come here, President Hinckley died." We were also shocked. I just thought he might go on forever! What an amazing man and prophet of God. How truly blessed we have all been by his love, his counsel to us, and his tremendous example of kindness to others. It just warmed my heart as I thought of him embracing his sweet wife. He missed her so much! And now we must support and sustain a new prophet with our prayers, our obedience, and our faith. We must each gain a testimony of his divine calling. It will be good for us.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones