RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Too good not to share!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Too good not to share!

I find that I am one of those people that is completely up and down when it comes to my feelings on cooking! I get on a roll and am trying new recipes every day and loving being in the kitchen, and then I get completely bored with it and find myself wishing I had a personal chef! Well, since that is NEVER going to happen, I guess I just need to keep trying new recipes and fight the boredom bug! Anyway, I tried this new one a few weeks ago and Chris keeps requesting it and we've eaten it several times since it's inauguration, so I think it's one that will probably make it into our regular rotataion for awhile! And the best part is that not only is it G-O-O-D, it is also super easy! Can't beat that! Here it is if you're needing some spice in your kitchen! (And if any of you have any that are too good not to be shared, I wanna see them on your blogs! Help a girl out!) And sorry, I have no pictures to entice you -- just picture the goodness in your head!

Garlic Lime Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. lime juice
1/4 C. cider vinegar
6 garlic cloves minced
2 T. fresh or dried oregano
1 T. coriander
2 t. pepper
1 t. salt
1 t. paprika
1/4 C. oil

Mix all ingredients except the oil in a plastic, resealable bag. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinade for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove chicken from marinade and brown on all sides. Move chicken to a greased baking dish and cook at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Mmmmm!

I also served this chicken over some delicious sweet carrot rice and it was sooo good! Here's the recipe for the rice.

Sweet Carrot Rice

3 large carrots, peeled and grated
1 T EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) -- yes, this is a Rachel Ray recipe, as you can tell :)
2 1/2 C. chicken stock
1 1/2 C. rice

Heat pan to medium high heat and pour in EVOO.
Add carrots and some salt and pepper for taste. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Add rice and stir to coat in the oil and to distribute the carrots.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook 15-18 mins until rice is tender.

Bon Apetit!

14 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

yum, yum... speaking of good recipes, we should do dinner and desert Sunday night if you don't have plans... I found an awesome recipe for Molten chocolate cake... I bought all the stuff for it, we need to try it out, let me know!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

That sounds really good. Thanks for the fun recipies. I am going to post a really good White Chili recipe on my blog right now. It is also simple and one of those that you can fix and forget by putting in into the crockpot.

12:20 PM  
Blogger britt said...

Sounds delicious...but I want YOU to make it Kar J/K
I am ALWAYS looking for new recipes too. We should get together and do a recipe exchange, I'm serious! Until then I will have to give this one a try.
Love ya

2:32 PM  
Blogger britt said...

Ash-I found a really good Molten chocolate recipe too, wonder if it is the same one? which reminds me I need to pull out the recipe and make it again!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

It's on the menu for dinner next week. Thanks!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kikilia said...

That sounds really really good. Will have to try it. THanks!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Here is the easiest, BEST chicken tortilla soup.

1 family size can chicken and rice soup
1 can water
1 can corn
1 can rotel tomatoes with lime and cilantro
1 can ranch style beans
Shredded seasoned chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)

Combine all ingredients and simmer on low for one hour. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and avocado.

Delish and super easy.

PS. I think I found your blog through Cjane. Love your adoption story....we were so close to adopting before our own little miracle. Best wishes.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

oh these sound really good Karli--I remember you telling me about the chicken so I may try it tomorrow. THANKS GIRL

9:25 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Yum! Sounds good & thanks for the new idea.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds soooo good! I am excited for that rice:)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

It's on the grocery list this week, I'm excited. I really like to try new recipes, especially recommended ones!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That sounds really good, something I think my family will love. Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Thank you! Sincerely. Recipes that travel by word of mouth have always turned out to be my "trustiest". I am going to make it this week.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I just made this for dinner and LOVED it! The rice was amazing! I love, love, love the marinade for the chicken. Thank you!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones