RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Saucer O' Entertainment

Monday, December 31, 2007

Saucer O' Entertainment

What a GREAT day! Chris had to go into work today, which I was thoroughly bummed about, and then about an hour ago, I heard the garage door opening and he was home early!! It was like Christmas all over again! I sooo love to have him home and I am grinning from ear to ear today! Then on top of that, I am sitting here typing and I hear Chris and Kaiya downstairs laughing so hard at each other! I don't think there is a sweeter sound than that! Kaiya has recently started BUSTING up, not just the cute little chuckles she was doing before. Now she full-on laughs and laughs and it is music to my ears! And to hear her and her daddy laughing together just melts me!

Before Kaiya was born, a friend of Debbie's gave us this "Saucer O' Entertainment" (as I like to call it) and it has been anxiously sitting in our closet, waiting until Kaiya was old enough to use it. We pulled it out the other night and I am not kidding, this girl sat in there for like 1.5 hours straight! She had drool covering her shirt, down to her pants (which recently has become a not so uncommon thing) and was just in heaven! She was even laughing on her own! It was so cute! I am feeling quite thrilled about this as well, as it buys me some time to exercise or whatever (blogging, maybe?)


Kaiya has entered a new phase! Just when I think, yeah, I have this mothering thing down, she changes all over again and I am left feeling like I am back at square one, clueless as can be! I guess I should get used to that! Anyway, she has decided that fighting sleep is a good idea. I don't agree! She is still a really good sleeper at night, but during the day, she will get so tired, but fight sleep like it's her darkest enemy! Then when she does finally pass out, she takes these little 20-30 minute cat naps! WHAT?! What happened to the 2-3 hour naps that she was taking literally days ago? It's like she woke up one day and decided to grow up! The one good thing I can say about this is that she always wakes up with the most huge smile you have ever seen, like she is soooo happy to see you, even though she has only been asleep for mere minutes, and even though mom is looking back at her in absolute shock, wondering how she can possibly be awake! So, as with all new phases, I am in adjustment mode, and will get used to this as well, I'm sure! The worst part about it, is that it means my little baby girl is growing up and I can't stop it!! Sometimes I just want her to slow down, even though it is incredibly fun and exciting to watch her change and develop! I do have to say, though, I love her awake time and am grateful that I have more of it cause I can't get enough of her!

I am heading back to work this week. I decided I needed to go back full time at least for a few weeks, since a new semester is starting, and I feel bad leaving my work high and dry. The new semesters are always the busiest time of year at UVSC, so I just feel like I need to get back and help my students out. I have been so fortunate to have so much leave time off (and I still have quite a bit that I can use), so I shouldn't complain at all, but I am so bummed about leaving Kaiya. I have a WONDERFUL neighbor, Cari, who kindly offered to help out, so I know I don't have to worry for a second about Kaiya being cared for. But I am just going to miss her so much! My plan is to bring her in with me half days, and have her watched the other half of the day, so it won't be too much time away from her. But still, it's making me sad! Luckily, I won't have to do this for too long!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Saucers are SO great!!!! I've loved it from like 4 months to maybe 10+ months with all my kids!

Isn't work such an intersting thing. I felt so responsible for my position at work, and always thought I'd work some way. But after I had Jordyn, it felt so different than it had always sounded to "go back to work". Glad you have a lot of flexibility with your job!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Adelaide loved her play saucer. She still does actually. We have to tell her she's too big to sit in it. She doesn't like that one bit. They are a lifesaver too, when you have stuff to get done. It's so nice that she'll sit in there for so long. Hopefully it lasts!

5:29 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

I loved the saucers too. We took it camping with us to keep the baby out of the dirt but still hanging out with the family.
My second baby did that cat nap trick too, so I put a fan in his room for a little white noise and he slept for at least an hour every afternoon. Worked like a charm!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

I'm with you, I'm back to square all the time. Kaiya is beautiful. Happy New Years!

12:04 AM  
Blogger britt said...

those saucers are a life saver for both mom and baby! it's amazing how each time they can play like they have never seen the SAME toys.
And the cat napping is quite an adjustment, that's for sure, but at least she sleeps through the night (unlike my little guy).

What a blessing to be able to take her WITH you to work part time and then to have a friend, that is close, watch her the rest of the time. I wish my working times would have been that easy!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

oh that little bug is so cute in her saucer. I can't wait to see her play with her newest toy. She is growing up WAY too fast. Yea--what happened to the "all morning" napper?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Saucers are Heaven-Sent! My kids loved them! And yes, the babies grow up WAY TOO FAST! She's adorable!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I notice that son will go through a week or so phase of fighting sleep. All of a sudden one week he will sleep for an hour during the day and then after a week of that then he will go back to 2-3 hour naps. Good luck...there is nothing more frustrating!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

i am so happy you are using that saucer. they are the best! i cannot believe she is old enough to be using it though! crazy how time goes by so fast.

thank for the call the other day, i appreciate it.

i am so glad you can still take her to work 1/2 of the time. that is such a blessing.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Sounds like our girls are going through stages together (makes sense, since they are 3 days apart). Wren actually has been a really inconsistent napper since day one, but she is pretty good at night, too. Isn't it frustrating to see them so sad and tired and just fighting it?

:(

6:42 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

What a cutie! That saucer looks like fun. I never did end up getting one for Emma, but most likely for the next one. I think they're good for them. Happy New Years!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Yes! Let's get together! I will give you a call this week and we can plan...Kaiya is seriously the prettiest little girl! So fun!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Saucers are one of the best inventions EVER! So much better than the old "walkers" we had for our older children.

Kaiya is a living doll! We had so much fun with her! Emma loves to play with Photo Booth on my Mac and wanted to take a picture of Kaiya today. Here's one of the silly pictures. She choose the effect. It's one of her favorites because it's "like the sun". So funny!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jillybean said...

Darling baby!!!! Do you just slurp on her cheeks all day long?
We LOVED the saucer at our house. We got our first one 12 years ago for our oldest son, and had to buy a new one for our youngest a few years ago. The new ones are so much nicer than the older ones. The earlier ones didn't have all the toys attached.
Jill

7:33 PM  
Blogger Marc and Megan said...

I came across your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading all about your adoption story. Your little girl is so beautiful! We are in the process of adopting right now, and reading your experiences has been really touching. Thank you for sharing so much!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Hmmmm, I just changed my browser to firefox and I suddenly don't have computer issues anymore. Nice! Anyhow, I didn't ever get Eliza a saucer. She probably would have liked one...poor, deprived child!

Tiffany

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones