Must make this plug
Well, after living in Utah for (GASP) 10 years now, a fact that I still cannot believe, we finally went to see the most wonderful production, Savior of the World. I had heard a lot about this from lots of people, but had never gone. So, a few nights ago we headed out to the Conference Center in Salt Lake with my parents and brother Jason and his wife Leanne. We had a really yummy dinner at the O.G. first and then were off to the show. I honestly don't remember a Christmas performance that has touched me so much as this did. To watch that familiar and special story that I have read in the Bible my whole life be played out on the stage gave new meaning to that most important event in history when our Savior came to the earth. I gained such a new appreciation for Mary and her overwhelming responsibility to be Christ's mother in mortality. For Joseph, who supported Mary under such unusual and almost unbelievable circumstances (but he definitely believed). For the shepherds who, in their humility and faith, were given the priviledge to be involved in such a miraculous event. And this year, I felt a new connection with Elizabeth, who had waited and longed for a child, and then through the mercy and miracles of God, was given such a precious gift when it seemed impossible for such a thing to happen. For with the Lord, all things ARE possible! I cried through the whole show and left feeling so grateful for the REAL reason that we celebrate this time of year. It just brings it all into perspective why this holiday is so special and so important to all of the world. If you have the chance and live in the area, this play will certainly bring the spirit of the season into your hearts! I HIGHLY recommend it! So, there, that's my little plug! Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful time of year!!





5 Comments:
This is a sweet post Kar. I love your golden heart. You touch a lot of lives with your insights and your goodness. I too am so grateful for the Savior. I am so humbled by the fact that he came as a little baby. It holds new meaning for me now after having my own. He is truly the prince of peace and has carried me through some dark nights. I love him with all of my heart. Thanks for your little "plug".
Thank you for your post, Kar.
Sometimes I get frustrated and down about this time of year BECAUSE it's supposed to be about the Savior, yet, I see all of these (as my brother calls them): "greedy weirdos" out spending more than they have and worrying more about the commercialism than our wonderful Savior.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the production and thank you for your amazing spirit and testimony.
I will miss going to all that amazing stuff this year. With a brand new babe I am staying close to home.
Yes, it is a marvelous production! Our stake just put it on the first week of November. I was totally touch as you were. The music is so beautiful! I agree with all your feelings, too. It truly sheds a new appreciation for Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, the shepherds, all of them who actually knew and experienced Jesus in the flesh. Hope you and your sweet family have a very special Christmas season.
I've looked at your blog multiple times through megan's blog and I have really enjoyed reading it. (does that creep you out...sorry if it does). What first got me to click on your blog was the fact that we share the same last name. I'm pretty sure your husband and my husband are related because apparently some great grandpa or something like that had a lot of wives...or whatever...anyway, hope you don't mind me peeking in from time to time.
Post a Comment
<< Home