A few more "firsts" for Kaiya
Today was Kaiya's first Halloween! YAY! I think it may have been more fun for mom and dad than for her, but someday she will look back at her first Halloween pictures and hopefully get a big kick out it! But for today, I'm sure she had no idea what was going on. I think she was especially confused when she was wrapped up in this really loud and shiny outfit! (You'll see what I'm talking about in a minute!)
Anyway, she got to wear her really cute Halloween onesie (from aunt Linda), and play with her special Halloween teddy bear (from Jessika), as well as practice holding her special Trick or Treat bag (also from Jessika and her family).




But the best part of all was the awesome costume she got to wear! I can't take any credit whatsoever, because this wonderful idea came from a blogging friend, Leah (thanks so much)! Kaiya was a baked potato, sour cream and chives and all! She got to go visit daddy at work, where she was escorted around all over the office by her proud pops, all the while having people cracking up all over the place at her special, loud and shiny outfit. She certainly was hamming it up as well, big huge smiles and all. The happiest baked potato you have ever seen! You would think she would have been thoroughly annoyed in such an outfit, but she quite liked it -- I mean, it was warm and she was wrapped up tight, just like she likes! Then she got to go to the ward party/trunk or treat. She even won the Most Original Costume prize!
Her mom and dad dressed up last minute as car mechanics. Someone asked us if we were trashmen and Kaiya was our trash. Hmmm, not so much! (As if I would dress my child up as trash!) Anyway, it was a wonderfully fun day for Kaiya, I think, and we had a great time laughing at her funny costume!
And Kaiya also had her first motorcycle ride recently! Well, kinda! You better believe daddy was REAL proud to see his baby girl sitting on a Harley! Dr. Donna (the very first person Kaiya saw as she was entering the world) was nice enough to let Kaiya sit on this beauty of a bike! She was pretty happy to see Dr. Donna again as well as Jess and her family!






13 Comments:
She is the stinking cutest baked potato I've ever seen.
Hilarious! It's always refreshing to see something clever and unique. The world has ENOUGH princesses! (coming from a princess producer)
YEEESSSSSSS!!! I've never been more excited. I'm SO happy you did it! And the hat-brilliant.
I could just eat her all up! What a doll. And yes...we need to get together soon. I'm pretty much available any day. Let me know what works for you.
such a cute idea! I KNOW at this age it is much more for the proud parents than for the little ones.
OK, perfectly adorable and original!!! LOVE IT!!!
I thought of you while Carly and I took our kids Trick-or-treating. I saw (what I imagined) could be a future Kaiya. This little 4yr old girl was the epitome of PINK. (all shades!) Pink sparkly punk ankle boots, pink patterned tights, frilly multi-layered pink skirt, sparkle pink butterfly wings, pink print shirt with flowing sleeves, HOT pink sparkle wig going down her back, etc, you get the idea. I mean, this little girl was the most unique PINK concoction I have EVER seen; I can't even describe it well. I know you may not do such a pink thing, but I could only imagine the most creative parents could make a single color look so original. It was wild. Anyway, Halloween is the best, and it just gets more fun and more fun!!! :)
I'm glad you went with that idea. So cute!! Looks like you had a fun Halloween!
I have to say that she is the cutest baked potato! I loved the idea.
Thanks I know we were pretty shocked to find out we were expecting.. Kaiya is such a beautiful baby you guys look like the best parents ever.. she is such a lucky girl.. MArks surgery went well and he is doing great.. thanks for your prayers..
Oh I love the baked potato idea!! I couldn't figure out what she was until I read your post. (I always skim pictures first) When I read that she was a little Tato I just died laughing! You look gorgeous as usual Kar.
oh wow, i thought i had already left a comment. her costume turned out so cute, love it!
I love the costume!! She has got to be the cutes baked potato ever!!
cuter than the description could ever be. What fun memories for her baby book (you are keeping one?)
Post a Comment
<< Home