RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Making me smile

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Making me smile

Today has been non-stop busy and hectic and crazy, getting ready for my trip tomorrow. But I had to take a few minutes to sit down and write down a few things that have made me smile today!
I talked to my best friend, Laura, from high school (whose wedding I am attending this weekend) and she sounds so happy! I got off the phone with her and noticed that I was smiling from ear to ear because I was thinking that in just four days, she will be marrying her guy! It's such a blessing to be able to take such joy in the happiness of those you love!
I also talked to my mom today and she invited us to have dinner with them tonight. She mentioned that they were having salmon (which I thought in my head, YUCK, since I hate seafood), but was just happy for the invitation anyway. A few minutes later she called back and said, "your dad just reminded me that you don't like fish, so we're gonna whip something else up". I smiled, first, because my parents know me so well, and secondly, because it is really kind of them to come up with another meal for me. This did not go without some serious teasing, though, about how spoiled I am :)
I got a BIG smile today at the mall, when I found a super cute dress for only $4!! It was one of those things that I knew was already at a great sale price and then when I got up to the register, it was marked down even more and I walked away $4 and some change poorer, but with a smokin' dress! SCORE!
When I was clearing off my camera to get ready for my trip, I found these and they really made me smile!
(We've taught Chase not to beg. And he listens to us, as you can see.)

(Dang bow. Just too tired to care)

(LIfe is tough)

(Daddy's little girl)



And as I'm sitting here typing, trying to take a little break from this crazy, hectic day, I hear my little Ya-Ya cooing away and look down to see this:


which then turned to this a few minutes later:

I guess all this smiling can wear a girl out!

Hope you all are finding reasons to smile today too!

17 Comments:

Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Oh, Karli! She couldn't be any cuter!!! I love her!

Don't you just love when you get to the register and get a good surprise? That has to be one of my favorite things!!!

Tiffany

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

YOU make me smile! =) Don't forget to take tons of pictures this weekend (oh please, like that would ever happen)...wish I could be there to join in the fun!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys it's me Jessika
Haha i hope you guys get that if not i feel kinda dumb...
anyway i set up an account on here so now u guys can see what im up to all the time. Haha
but I think i might call you tonight i can't seem to finger out how to get my pic on...
so ya i'll talk to ya soon
Love u guys
love Jess

6:48 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Such a doll! Have fun on this trip... Don't worry too much all will work out great!!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Have fun at the wedding. The pictures of your little girl make me smile. She is such a cutie.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

She is a happy, smiley baby. I'm loving the Fine Frenzy album you recommended. :) Have a wonderful trip.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

I just love a good bargain! Have a fun trip!

6:50 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

What a cutie! Chase is pretty cute too. :) Seriously, though, thank you for those pictures. They made me smile and brightened up this chilly fall day.

Camille's post reminded me - I went to go purchase the Fine Frenzy album, but my mind blanked at the store & I couldn't remember the name. None of the employees could understand who I was talking about when I mentioned that she was a young, new artist with red hair. :)

Have a safe trip!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I happen to just stumble upon your site... I will say cute dog and even cuter baby... I will be dropping by in the future for sure. Take care... Felicity

9:00 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

oh, I have a big smile right now. It was good to see you guys last night and get in some good snuggles before you take Kaiya on her first "trip". Have fun and give Laura our best wishes

9:17 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Member how one day we were all going to get together...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

How exciting for you to get to see your best friend get married! I bet the trip will be a blast and Kaiya will have a great time too. Don't stress too much and have lots of fun. Kaiya sure is growing fast. She is so beautiful. I miss you and love you!
Beth

11:02 AM  
Blogger Tadorton said...

She really is a beautiful baby! You could just stare at her all day, which I am sure you would love to do.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

I LOVE when they are finally smiling and looking like.....well, themselves, I guess! She is so dang cute, I can't even put it into words!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

Have lots of fun at the wedding! And enjoy showing off your adorable baby girl! I can't believe how much she has filled out and how radiant her smile is. What a doll!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

she is even cuter in person. is that even possible?

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

karli,
Hey it's your cousin Janelle. I am trying to email you info about about photos! Email or call me asap janellersmith@mac.com or call 801-859-1122.
see ya!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones