RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Some new milestones and more cuteness!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Some new milestones and more cuteness!

Well, in the past few days, Kaiya has hit some little milestones that I wanted to document! Two nights ago, she slept for 2 FIVE hour stretches!! Went to bed at 12:30 and didn't wake us up until 5:30 a.m. and then fell back asleep until about 10:15 a.m. It was pretty much heaven!! She ate more often during the day which was great, so she didn't lose any important nourishment and great for mom and dad because they got a little more sleep! Last night she did 4 hour stretches, which was still really good! I'm sure it's just a fluke, but it sure has been enjoyable!! Last night, while Chris was changing her, she lost her umbilical cord "leftovers" or whatever you call it. We were quite pleased with that as well! And with the loss of the leftovers, we were able to give her her first real bath tonight!! It was quite the experience, but soooo much fun! First of all, it took us a bit to get the bathtub functioning properly and we flooded our kitchen counter and floor before getting that part down! EEK! So, we thought it would be better just to take the bath and put it in the tub instead. Kaiya really loved it! She shed a few tears, which she normally does the second her clothes are removed, but once she hit that warm water...AHHHH! She especially loves to get her little head rubbed! She was so hungry, though, that any time any part of my hand came near her mouth or cheek, she was trying to suck on it! Pretty dang cute! I like these kinds of baths waaaayyyy better than the little cotton ball baths she's been getting since she was born! She likes them much better too! Here's a few more pictures (sorry if I'm posting way too many pictures, but I honestly don't have anything cuter to take pictures of these days)!

Several people have asked how Chase has handled the adjustment to a new baby in the house. I am very pleased to say that he has been GREAT! He sometimes gets in our faces or tries to sit in our laps if he is feeling a bit attention deprived, but for the most part, he loves Kaiya as much as we do. He is really gentle with her and usually all he really cares about is sniffing her diaper! In fact, as you can see in the pictures, he pretty much lays down wherever she is. I think he already has her back!


I realized tonight as I looked at our counter that my kitchen has been overtaken by baby goods! Gone are the days of clutterlessness! And I'm really ok with that! The first bath experience -- we all loved it!


The other day I left to go get some gas at Costco. When I got home, Kaiya was all wrapped up and Chris mischeviousy says, "We had fun while you were gone!" I asked what they had done and Chris unwraps Kaiya and says, "We played dress-up!" It was the funniest thing ever! He had dressed her from head to toe in this wildly cute creation! He was so proud and I could not stop laughing! He's such a cute daddy! And a few of my recent favorites


13 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Those pics are darling, I swear she's getting cuter every day! And don't you just love that tub... OHHH it's the best! The fun's just beginning :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger britt said...

OK she has definitely gotten cuter since I saw her last. OOOHHH I already miss Ash being that small. And the clutter just gets bigger!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

First of all, I am SO SURE....too many pictures??? Not possible!!! Don't ever worry about that. Every single one of those were SO cute!!!! I love the one with Chris' nose being the binky, I love how protective chase is, I love the counter clutter and can SO relate (I would prob gain years on my life if I could just let go of that one) and I am jealous of the 4 and 5 hour stretches. If she can keep that up, perfect!! Pey doesn't even give me that very often! Ha! Love it all!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

I agree...you can NEVER post too many pictures of that darling little girl! I love that Chris played dress up. So, so cute! Just so you know...Kids=Clutter. At least your clutter is from cute little baby things and not stinky boy socks.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

she's just the cutest!

that little bath sling was a huge hit with our baby boy. it also helped us transition him to the big tub around 4 months - he LOVES his baths in the big tub!!!

keep documenting every milestone - time just flies by!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I think I might sound like a broken record, but she is beautiful!! I love the pictures of her and her new life with such loving parents. I think the dress-up picture is so sweet, her daddy just can't get enough of her I am sure!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Glad you enjoyed the Japanese...

I'm a big fan of the "nose binky" as well. So cute.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

so cute! i love the pic of the nose binky, good job chris. i really am dying to see this little girl.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well the cuteness just goes on.....
Now we are playing dress up with Chase? He is one patient doggie! Well my favorite is "baby Aunt Jamimae" I think Chris gets an "A" for that one.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

She is getting cuter all the time! I love how Chase likes to sit near her. Dogs just know those kind of things I think. Labs do at least. Post as many pictures as you like!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Daytrippingmom Media said...

Okay she is just too cute and I think I agree with everyone else- the dress up with Daddy is just too cute. She is just beautiful!! I also have to say that she sounds like a dream baby. My son only slept for two hour stretches for a long time - 4 hours stretches sounds fantastic..

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Kaiya in Zutano is the cutest thing ever. I am totally jealous that she lost her cord stump - we're still waiting on that milestone.

11:25 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

Karli...what a cutie! I love all the pictures, keep them coming! Don't you wish time would slow down just a little...they grow so fast! We definitely need to get together...this week is crazy, but maybe next. I'll let you know. Keep up the good work!!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones