Can it really be?!
Next Monday, possibly, if not sooner. One week from today. How is this possible?! Have lost all ability to sleep or turn my brain off to relax. Shouldn't this be the time I enjoy my sleep as much as I can? Nope, not happening! Was up until 3:00 this morning, could not sleep, started reading Harvey Karp's sleeping/calming book. Now feeling like a zombie. Hence the reason I am not able to really write full sentences. Is this an indication of things to come? Bring it on, I'm ready. No I'm not. But I really am! Officially one of the strangest posts I've ever written! Blame the insomnia!





9 Comments:
The happiest baby on the block book your reading...AWESOME. We used all those techniques with Em and they WORK! Hope you got your swaddle blankets!
I think that I would feel the exact way that you are feeling now. So much excitement and worry who could sleep??? I'm sure that it is pretty normal.
Pregnant women can't sleep the last few months- so it is a way I guess to get ready for the sleepless nights even though your mind tells you that you should take advantage of the time you have for sleeping all night. You will be the best mom. Just enjoy it all and don't worry about it. There is no perfect way to be a parent- that is the beauty of it.
sooooooo excited for you!!!!!! Love you!
Yes, it will be blissful sleeplessness. A bout of exhaustion you have wanted with all your heart. You will love it.....and her!
Oh, and I cannnnnnoooooottttt believe it!!!!
Jamie
So exciting!!!!
We read so much regarding adoption that we forgot to read parenting books. I remember calling my mom in tears asking her to get me a copy of What to Expect the First Year bc I had no idea what to do with a newborn :)
Sleeplessness comes with the territory. Enjoy this time!
All the best.
Ani
I'm so excited for you KArli. I don't think I can sleep tonight now that I realize it's only a week away!!!!!!!!! Oh man, here comes the sun. Happy happy days ahead. I love her already.
Karli,
You don't even know me and I'm really excited for you! I hope everything goes very smoothly for you guys in the next few weeks. I'm excited to see pictures of your little angel.
oh oh its monday here in Australia
any news yet?!?!??!
hehehe
so excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment
<< Home