Dizzy...I mean BUSY week
Anyway, this week brought some really great fun for us. We had some WONDERFUL guests come and stay with us for a few days. Melanie and Matt (two of the kids of the Cox's who are now serving as Mission Presidents in Leon Mexico) were down here getting ready to send their parents off, so we got to have them with us for a few days. It was sooo nice to spend some time with them and we were sure to introduce them to Cafe Rio, because seriously, where else would you take someone who is visiting Provo?! They are both so great and we had a lot of fun!
On Wednesday I got to go with Jessika and her mom to get little Kaiya checked up. She is doing great -- heartbeat strong, growing fast now, and making Jessika a bit uncomfortable! Yeah, Jessika is definitely experiencing that it's-so-hot-and-I'm-seven-months-pregnant phase. I feel so bad for her! She's such a trooper! Jessika's doctor is the coolest, funnest lady and I always look forward to our appointments. We are now moving into the two week appointments, so it's getting closer and closer! Later that evening we had the special treat of going to dinner with Jessika and her family so that my parents could meet them all. It was such a fun night and everyone had a good time getting to know each other. I'm so happy that Jessika and her family could meet some of the people that will be a big part of Kaiya's life. It was a really good experience and my parents just loved all of them!
The gang -- good job with the ears, Melanie! My parents with Jessika and Chris and I
Jessika gave Chris a dutch oven for his bday. After Chris drooled over the yummy dutch oven dinner we had at their house, it was a perfect present for him!
Later that night we met Bob and Becky Cox for some Coldstone and to say our good-bye's for the next 3 years. We will miss them so much, but I have felt so impressed over and over again that they will be the most wonderful leaders to their missionaries and to the people in Mexico that they will serve. They are tremendously amazing people and we love them so much. My parents stayed over that night for a slumber party, which is always a treat!
Last night we got to spend the evening with sweet Ryley while Ry and Ash got in a date night for themselves to the Sugarland/Kenny Chesney concert. (By the way, I am currently still jealous that they got to hang backstage with their FRIENDS from Sugarland and the rest of the gang! I'll be waiting for my invitation next time, Ry, since they told you we could come!! That's my shameless self-invite!) We had so much fun with Ryley and it made me soooo excited for Kaiya to come as we played and laughed with her! Ryley is such a sweetheart and I love that we get to live right next door and see her pretty much on a daily basis!
Today was one of the coolest experiences. My good friend, Kellie has a sister-in-law who adopted their second baby back in December. Today they had their court finalization and they were kind enough to invite me to come and see how the process goes. It was such a special day and I was in tears throughout most of the proceedings. The judge was sooo kind, so funny, and made every effort to make their day so special. He also did the finalization for their first adoption, so he was really kind to their older daughter as well. He even put his robe on little baby Logan at the end to take some pictures with him. The whole thing was just so neat to observe -- their lawyer asking questions to their case-worker about the kind of parents they are to Logan, then asking the couple about their feelings in adopting Logan, and the judge taking some special moments to express his feelings on the adoption process. It was just a wonderful thing to be there and to feel so happy for them and to think about what that will be like for us in a few months. I'm so thankful that they let me come today and it really has made my whole day! What a sweet family they have and what a blessing adoption has been for them.
Ok, off to take some more Dayquil and to breath a sigh of relief! It's FRIDAY!!!!





10 Comments:
It sounds like you have had quite the week. A lot of excitement is happinging right now for you guys enjoy every min. of it. I check your site every day to look at your news and check Kayia's ticker. I'm getting so excited for her to come.
Hey Friend,
Thanks again for last night. I hope you know how much Ryley adores you both, you're so good to her & I never worry about her for a second when she's with you guys (that's huge for me). I'm so glad you were able to go see that today, it sounds awesome. I can't wait for that day to come for you! I hope you start feeling better soon... I'm gearing up for some smores tonight :)
WAIT! You know, its not too cool to invite yourselves to the Kenny concert already for next year. We were going to have them invite, umm, I don't know, US!
Seven weeks? Has it started to feel real yet? There were hints of it when May was prego, but it didn't CLICK for sure til we drove that little tike back to OUR home. Good Luck!
Ryan has helped our friends with two adoptions. On the second they forgot their checkbook at the court finalization so Ryan wrote the big check- it was funny! They were so happy their attorney was a close friend too.
It's so fun to hear about your busyness. I don't even remember those days where it was just Davey and I. It seems like Addie has been here forever. I'm sure it will be the same for you. You'll ask yourselves one day what you used to do before she came. It's crazy!
P.S. Let us know when you want to use that dutch oven for a delicious dessert. Well, if you feel like practicing and you need some taste testers that is.
wow, what a week you have had. But so many memorable and fun experiences. wish I could have been there for some of those.
hope the yuckies go away soon. we have had those at our house too! NOT fun....
love ya
YA!, 7 more weeks and the dizziness will be permanent!! But it's a wonderful sort of dizziness. Completely awesome!!! I remember thinking it was strange how sick I got with the flu right before a baby came, but my opinion is now, that the more physical discomfort one feels right before a new baby comes, the better preparation. And if being sick was REALLY bad, then the first few weeks of a baby will feel like a peace of cake! I'm excited for you, good luck!!! :)
Whew, what a week! I cannot believe it's only 7 weeks Kar!!!!!It's a strange thing to try to wrap your brain around. Because, it's different when it's '7 weeks till a vacation' or '7 weeks until schools out', because your life continues on quite similarly after school or a vacation. But it's like '7 weeks until life is permanently different' and the rest of your life really begins. It's a strange thing to comprehend. But so wonderful!!!!
Hey Kar--thanks for the fun time we had with you and Chris and Chase doing his tricks (you're always such good hosts). Thanks for the "midnite fun" also! It was sooo really great to meet Jessika and family.
They are everything you described and we're glad to know them. Hope you feel better Kar. Kaiya doesn't want a sick mommie!
Karli, that picture of your family with Jessika's family moved me so much. This whole thing came about in a wonderful, miraculous way. I'm so excited for you guys. Kaiya is a much anticipated arrival by sooooo many people. She will be born into a lot of loving circles, but most importantly into yours and Chris's. You guys will be a little family with a little princess very soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home