RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Who's your daddy?!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Who's your daddy?!

I'm sooo happy it's Father's Day because I have some pretty decent guys to celebrate! Let's start from oldest to youngest, shall we?

First is my pops. You know those kind of people who seem to have the right answer for everything? Yeah, that's him. And you know those people that can pretty much look at something broken, and it magically gets fixed? Yeah, that's him too. I love my dad so much and have always thought the world of him. He is such a pillar of stength in our family and even though he is pretty perfect as a dad, to see him as a grandpa has been amazing! I can't wait for Kaiya to become a new buddy for her grandpa! I love ya, dad. Thanks so much for your example, your devotion to your family, and your wisdom and spirit. Next is Chris' dad. He's a pretty amazing man as well. If Chris were a bigger blogger (that was kinda fun to say, by the way), I'm sure he could fill up the screen with so many memories and experiences he cherishes with his dad. His dad is such a strong man, very reflective and full of integrity. Chris' innate desire and ability to do the right thing comes from the kind of father that he has. I know that Chris respects him deeply (as do I) and looks up to him very much. And we both love him a whole lot and are grateful for his influence in our lives and for the steady and unchanging example he provides for his family. And finally (saving the BEST for last) is my main squeeze. Yeah, that's right, my Chris-a-pher. Mmmm, I am soooo in love! I saw a little baby onesie the other day online that I was so tempted to buy that said "If you think I'm cute, you should see my daddy!" And for me, this is the truth! Not only is Chris a total hottie who still gives me excited butterflies in my stomach on a regular basis, he is pretty much EVERYTHING I could have ever dreamed of when I have thought about a father to my children. And though he hasn't quite had the opportunity to take that role on yet, I see the father in him all the time and I KNOW that our kids are in for such a huge treat! If he is even half the father that he is as a husband, our little ones will experience more love, laughter, excitement, happiness, inspiration, motivation, fun, joy, hugs, kisses, sweetness, care, concern, and creativity (just to name a few) than they could ever dream or hope for. I see this twinkle in his eye and the cutest smile come across his face whenever Kaiya's name comes up and I know that he has loved her and wished for her for such a long time. He is every ounce of strength that I need when mine is gone, and he is this constant ray of light that makes me smile and laugh and love life continuously. I would be completely and utterly lost without him and today (along with every other day in the calendar year) I am thankful that he is mine and that he will be Kaiya's too! Love you, baby! Love you, love you, love you! And today I hope we all feel thankful for these kinds of influences in all of our lives. I think we are pretty blessed to have such good men around! Happy Father's Day to all y'all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cari said...

I have to say that I share the same feelings about the men in my life today also. Happy Father's day Chris! We love it when he comes home teaching. He's great with all the kids and I know he's going to be a wonderful father! We are so excited for you guys!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well since I am the blogger here, I will relay your father's heartfelt love for you and appreciation for your kind and loving words. You will always be his little girl you know. We also think you have a pretty terrific "daddy" at your house--can't wait to see him with a Kaiya meltdown.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

Such a sweet post... Happy Father's Day to all the awesome guys in your life!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That is so nice! Why didn't I think of that? Happy soon to be father's day Chris.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Karli, that was so sweet! You are an absolute angel. I love you because of how you love others. What a genuine and kind tribute to your boys. Miles has a onsie like the one you described. People read it and laugh. Yesterday he was sporting a target t-shirt that says "my dad is the man". Howcome they didn't have so many cool t-shirts when we were little?

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones