Drive-In
We had such a fun time this weekend with Jessika and her family! We drove out to their house Friday night to go to the drive-in. It was so fun hanging out and talking! We got to enjoy the DELISH and famous hamburgers that they have at the drive-in and saw Shrek 3. It was so good to see everyone again and Chase was pretty excited to hang out with his buddy, Bear too! Jessika is looking so cute -- little Kaiya is getting bigger and bigger! We tried to get her to kick Friday night, but apparently she likes to wait until Jessika is ready to go to sleep to get really active! We had such a fun time and are thankful to Jessika and her family for treating us to such a great night! It is such a blessing to us to have such a good relationship with them and we are constantly amazed at the Lord's hand in all of this and how well it is going! Jessika has an ultrasound this Wednesday, so we are really excited for that!
Chase's first ride in the back of the truck -- with his buddy, Bear and Jessika's little brother.





13 Comments:
Karli,
I think it is so great that you will be able to give this gift of to Kaiya. When she wants to know about her birth family you will have answers and memories to share with her. I really wish circumstances were such that Eliza could have this same knowledge. See you soon!
Are you going to keep in touch with Jessika after the baby is born? Do you know how soon you get Kaiya after she is born? It is coming up so quick. I am jealous that I have to wait a lot longer still.
what a fun weekend! We are so glad that you all are having such fun together...even Chase! The last pic was great:) You guys are funny.
sounds like you are having so much fun! I am happy for you
It sounds like you had a great night. You are so lucky that Jessika and her family want to have a relationship with you. Kaiya will be so lucky that both of her mommies are good friends.
How fun! I love the last picture - it looks real! I'm glad that you're able to spend so much time with Jessika and her family. They seem like such amazing people. Love ya!
I'm so glad you had so much fun!... We missed you guys Friday night, but it definitely looks like you were in the right place!! Love the pics!
Chris and Karli WE all Loved having you come and go to the Drive-In with us. Jessika loves being with you two. yes Chase too. WE miss you guys and hope to see you soon.love Melanie Jessika mom
Oh, Karli! It is so amazing that you and Cris can have such a great relationship with Jessika and her family. Things are so different now with open adoptions. It will be here before you know it, and you will be cuddling that sweet little girl in your arms!
there are way too many things falling into place to ever imagine that this meeting and adoption is coincidental! How the Lord has blessed everyone involved; Jessika and family, you and Chris, Kaiya and so many extended family and friends.
Hey Kar--remember our days at the drive in? $6 a car, you, me, and Tim in the back of my dad's truck (with a mattress) and that delish chinese chicken salad from Costco? Soooo much fun! So glad things are falling into place--we need to chat soon. I am coming home from vacation tomorrow and starting orientation for residency on Fri--yikes! Miss you!
Hi, I found you from when you commented on my friend cjane's blog.
I started cracking up when I realized you are married to Chris, aka my orchestra partner for a couple years in high school. If you never believed that he could play the viola, I'm a living witness that at one time, he slung a mean string.
Anyway, even though it's silly to say, I can't believe we have such a small blogging world.
Karli,
How nice to see you in the blogworld where I can visit you seven days a week. I mean, I don't blog on the Sabbath (to be sure) but on that day I have the pleasure of seeing you!
(I guess I see Chris on Tuesdays...but now this is getting to complicated.)
Can I just, right now, call dibs on getting to hold Kaiya first when she makes her appearance at the LS8
ward? Or are you not going to be in to other people holding your baby? I mean, I am down with that too. Even though I am not "other people" I am c jane, which you discovered today.
And while I am at writing the world's longest message, here are some other ward bloggers:
Cari
House of Saunders
House of Franklins
Have I said too much?
See you soon.
CONGRATULATIONS
Courtney
P.S. I do know that Azucar who posted above me, but I cannot verify the whole "orchestra" comment because I would think Chris was cooler than that. I'm just saying...
Post a Comment
<< Home