Great fun with GREAT people!
We had such a GREAT, GREAT day on Saturday! We got to go out and spend the day with Jessika and her family at their beautiful home! They are surrounded by the most gorgeous scenery on all sides of them and we got to see and do some really fun and amazing things! We talked and laughed a lot, met some of their great neighbors, went 4-wheeling and saw some of the most beautiful scenery, enjoyed a DELISH dutch oven dinner (thanks Melanie and Paul!) and sat around the campfire to enjoy smores and roasted Starbursts (if you have not tried this little treat, it's about time you did -- it's soooo good!). The best part about the day, though, was just being able to spend time together. It is so amazing to me how natural and comfortable things are with not only Jessika, but also her whole family. They treated us sooo well on Saturday and just made the day really special for us. Jessika and her whole family are just so warm and so fun and made us feel right at home. What a blessing it is for us to have such a good relationship with them. It's a really unique and special experience for us and we hope that they feel the same way! Jessika is looking cuter and cuter as little Kaiya continues to grow and we continue to love her more and more! Here are lots of pictures from our fun day. We just have to tell Jessika and her whole family how grateful we are to them for giving us such a fun day!
Just relaxing with the dogs
Chase was in absolute paradise -- there was sooo much room to run and play and so many new things to explore! Plus, he had a great friend to do everything with! He was so tired out and sore by the end of the day, we literally had to lift him into the car because he got halfway in and couldn't pull the rest of himself into the car! It was really funny!





8 Comments:
I too have been having such an amazing experiance with my placement family! I don't see them as much as they are farther away but we do talk and I was wondering if it was normal or ok to feel like we are best friends already! It's better to have it that way though, other wise I guess they wouldn't be my placement family. I am not making sense but I feel better reading about the relationship that you have with Jessika. It makes the whole endeavor more positive for everyone involved esp. the birth mom.
Oh wow.. And I know how lame that just sounded! But I really cant think of enough words to even begin to say how you must feel.... And what amazing expereice that you had....
Colby could pick Chase out between the two, although they do look a lot alike. Anyway, we're here in WA and missing you guys already. Thanks for taking those pics before we left. We're so glad we have your blog to keep up on things with you guys. Love ya! - John
how neat Kar!! I am soo glad you have been able to have such a positive experience and have such a neat relationship with Jessika.
That makes this whole process soo much more fun and exiciting for you. I am soo happy for you.
I just have to comment on your pics. You continue to capture such great photos! I love the action shots of the dogs! Glad it was such a great day!
Jamie
Chris and Karli, hey we all loved having you up this last weekend. How is Chase? Did he need help out of the car? Hope he is ok, bear misses him ha,ha. All the pictures look sooo good. we love you guys so much. Karli, We'll see you on Wed.
Melanie
Kar-I am so glad you and Chris were able to share such a wonderful weekend with Jessika and her family! Such a blessing for you all! Love and miss you!
what cute pictures Kar--and I can see why Chase was a bit "fatigued" at days end!!
Post a Comment
<< Home