RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Mother(s), I love you!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother(s), I love you!

HAPPY, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I first just wanted to express the deep love and appreciation that Chris and I feel for our mothers. We had the opportunity today to visit BOTH of our moms and I must say that I have felt so thankful all day long for the incredible women that they are. They are kind, they are wise, they are sooo charitable, they laugh much, and they have always and continue to set such wonderful examples of what it truly means to be a mother. We look to them to learn how to be parents and we will certainly use MUCH of what we have learned from them throughout our lives when we step out into the world of parenthood in a few short months. We love you both, mom Grover and mom Asplund. You two are simply AMAZING!

I am also thankful today for the MANY, MANY women in my life who I observe and watch closely as they live their lives. This includes my sister and sisters-in-law, the many, many friends who have taught me so much throughout my life, my grandmothers, and the women I associate with on a regular basis. I am so blessed to have had so many wonderful and talented examples of motherhood and womanhood and have learned so much from each of you. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day today!

There is one more mother today that I pay special tribute to. Jessika is a mother that we will forever love and reverence. She is giving us the most selfless gift a person could give, because she is a mother who truly cares about her little baby girl and wants what is best for her. There are just no words to truly express how we feel about her and we will ALWAYS look at her as a mother who sacrificed so much to give us so much. We love Jessika immensely and we celebrate her today.

And today, I truly feel like a mother! Mother's Day has not always been an easy day for me, as I have longed to celebrate it they way other mother's do. And though sweet Kaiya is not quite here yet, I finally feel like a mother today. I cannot wait to meet our little girl, to hold her close, to kiss her cheeks, and to do everything in my power to make her so happy, just as my mother has done for me. I am so blessed to have soooo many wonderfully kind and supportive people in my life who have truly helped me to feel like a mother on many previous days and on this special day!

My sis-in-law Debbie MADE, yes MADE this adorable binki clip! It's so blinged out and I love it!
She also MADE, yes MADE this most cute little onesie -- I mean, seriously, how cute is it?!
Debbie, you are too talented!
Ashley got me this ADORABLE little set for Mother's Day. The little pink monkey's are perfect! I love that Ryley will have a new little friend to play with soon!
My mom got Kaiya her first little doll! And it's a Cabbage Patch Kid -- what a flashback!
And my cutest little husband spoiled me rotten today! Look at this little find that he picked out himself! I think it's my new favorite! Good job, babe!

He always knows how much I love flowers...and they came served with breakfast in bed! Mmm!
And this...Remember how I was surprised for Valentine's Day with a new camera? Well, I never actually got the camera due to an unbelievable mess of customer service (grrr). But on this special day, it finally got here! I am so in love with it, but have ZERO clue how to work it! I've got my work cut out for me!

And now it is off to bed because it is WAY too late for me to be blogging!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Karle and Chris you to will be the best mom and dad to are little baby Kaiya, Karle you will soon get to love and kiss her all day I hope you will kiss her every day for Jessika and I we love you and Chris love Jessika mom Melanie

8:24 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

I am so glad that you could TRULY celebrate this first "Mother's Day" and feel the incredible love that a mother feels. You have long awaited this day and I am so glad that you feel love and peace in your heart. What a lucky mother I am to have you for an eternity, here as your mother and eternally your sister.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

good job chris on the camera, we were just talking about cameras when i was there:)

you have such a cute little girl collection started!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones