RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Oh boy...or...

Friday, April 13, 2007

Oh boy...or...

Ok, breathe! (Hands shaking while typing!) So, what a day! At about 3:30 this afternoon I got a phone call from our case worker, Jean, calling to tell us that a birth mom wanted to meet us!!! (Now bawling for the 30th time today!) We are so overwhelmed and so excited! But so nervous and worried and scared that cloud nine is going to be pulled out from underneath us if she changes her mind. But still ohhhh so excited!!!!!

Let me just tell you all as much as we know at this point. The mother is a young 16 year old girl. She is due in September and just barely found out that she is having a...GIRL!!!!!! Oh my goodness -- how cute!! (Now visions of pink swirling in my head!) The mother comes from a very supportive family -- both her mother and father have been with her steadily through everything so far, which is a great thing. She knew right from the beginning that she wanted to put the baby up for adoption, chose one couple initially and unbelievably (because this NEVER happens), that couple was not available to adopt. So, she chose another couple and even more unbelievably, that couple was not available to adopt. While this was taking place, Chris and I were working hard at getting our profile finished up and online, and when she went back a third time to look, our profile was there, and she picked us out! These events and how this has all played out so far will certainly be an indicator when we find out for sure if this is to be our baby that it was really meant to be! Our meeting with this sweet young woman is next Friday at 3:00, so we are asking anyone and everyone for some prayers that the meeting will go well and if it is right, that we are finally almost ready to have this wish that we have waited for finally come true. (Must go finish crying my eyes out now!) We also have so many thoughts and emotions and so much love in our hearts for this young girl and we ask that you pray for her too. I can't even imagine what she must be going through right now and in the midst of our excitement, we think of her and pray that she will have peace and strength to get through such a difficult time in her life.

15 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

KARLI! I feel silly feeling this overwhelmed by your news, but I am just so happy for you two. You deserve this and I am happy that you will have your little GIRL in your arms in a matter of months.

I will be praying that your meeting goes beautifully next week!

5:38 PM  
Blogger sunsetandcamden said...

I'm crying too! We are so happy for you guys. We'll definitely be praying that everything goes smoothly.
Mary

6:25 PM  
Blogger The Bastian's said...

Karli!!!!!! We are praying for you, and crying too!! We love you! Whit

7:24 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well dad and I have been in tears off and on for the past 5 hours. We are so happy and excited for you and know this will be a LONG and TENSE week so our prayers will be with you.
YEA--THINK PINK!!!!!!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

At last! Just what you have ben waiting for! An answer to many prayers. You will still be in our prayers...just keep that faith and hope. I just know great things are in store as you acquire your little family, Karli. I am soooo happy for you. Sending love, faith, and prayers your way!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I still have goosebumps from talking about it with you guys today/tonight. This was the best news!!!! We are beyond thrilled for you both! You and the birth mom will continue to be in our prayers... We love you!!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

i cannot express to you our excitement. you will be in our thoughts and prayers more then ever this week, along with the birth mom. we love you guys and cannot wait to see you soon:)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

Yeah! What great news! We are so excited for the both of you and have you in our prayers always. Love you guys!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You will continue to be in my prayers- we will have little babies close in age! I can't believe it:) A GIRL!!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Yea! I'm all teary eyed. We will definitely continue praying for you guys! Love ya!

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I have chills! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you. The baby clothes are so cute...we'll be praying for you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

This is so exciting and I can't stand it!!!! How will we ever wait until Sept. to see that sweet baby girl?! I'm sooooo happy for you and Chris!

Tiffany

4:43 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

You gave me the chills and made me cry. It so wonderful I will definatly be praying for you!! I can't wait to finally get that call.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Tawnya said...

I just had to comment! How exciting! I sure hope everything goes smooth! (I also got the chills reading it!)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Amy D. said...

I haven't been on your blog FOREVER and came to see if there was any news. Boy...this was more than exciting. I am so thrilled for you and can't wait for you to meet the little sweetheart.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones