Happy Easter Weekend!
We had such a wonderful Easter weekend! Friday night we went out with our friends, Damon and Ora and their kids for dinner and a fun kids movie -- and we had such a great time! Their kids are adorable! Bailey treated me by wanting to sit by me in the movie, and all throughout the movie kept turning to me and whispering "have you seen this part?" It was so funny and really cute!
Saturday we got up early and got busy on our yard, which I will admit I wasn't thrilled about, but it ended up being such a nice day to be working outside. We mowed the lawn and weeded and also dug out wells around our trees and filled them with bark. We have been wanting to dig out a new flower bed along our fence and had faced the fact that it was going to take several hours and plenty of muscles to do that. So, right before we were going to get started on that project, one of our neighbors who was riding by on his bike, stopped to chat. We mentioned our project to him and he said, "I can do that in about 10 minutes for you, if you want." He has a tractor and offered to come over and dig out our bed for us. YESSS!!! We were sooo thankful and it really was literally like 10 minutes and it was completely done! We still need to dig out some curving to it, but the hard part is over! Whew! What a relief! Then we will get busy filling it with bushes and flowers and I think it will help to spice up the front of the house a bit! It was the most perfectly gorgeous day, and even though I didn't start the day out with the best attitude, it was really therapeutic to be outside working together in the yard! And nice to see some progress in making it look a little better.
Saturday we got up early and got busy on our yard, which I will admit I wasn't thrilled about, but it ended up being such a nice day to be working outside. We mowed the lawn and weeded and also dug out wells around our trees and filled them with bark. We have been wanting to dig out a new flower bed along our fence and had faced the fact that it was going to take several hours and plenty of muscles to do that. So, right before we were going to get started on that project, one of our neighbors who was riding by on his bike, stopped to chat. We mentioned our project to him and he said, "I can do that in about 10 minutes for you, if you want." He has a tractor and offered to come over and dig out our bed for us. YESSS!!! We were sooo thankful and it really was literally like 10 minutes and it was completely done! We still need to dig out some curving to it, but the hard part is over! Whew! What a relief! Then we will get busy filling it with bushes and flowers and I think it will help to spice up the front of the house a bit! It was the most perfectly gorgeous day, and even though I didn't start the day out with the best attitude, it was really therapeutic to be outside working together in the yard! And nice to see some progress in making it look a little better.
I am so in love with spring -- I can't get enough of the flowers in bloom, the green grass, and the beautiful flowering plum trees in our front yard (and everywhere else)!





3 Comments:
what a fun "Easter" post. Your future flower bed looks GREAT-even straight which would be important to dad. We loved having you for Easter dinner. We were discussing that it was the first time we remember having family for many , many years. What a blessing.
You're making our yard look bad... Thanks! :) No really, it's going to look great! It was fun hanging with you this weekend.. Next up... tennis (or attempting to play tennis). Good times!
Love your picture of the blossoms. We have mostly rock in our yard - that's desert for you! But last month, I loved standing at my kitchen window and having the whole kitchen smell like oranges blossoms. Arizona does have its perks. I bet you are in heaven having your folks close by now. I really miss my girls and grandkids!
Post a Comment
<< Home