Come have a look...and let me tell you a secret!
We wanted to invite anyone and everyone who wants to, to visit our adoption profile that has finally been posted online with our agency, LDS Family Services. We are pretty dang excited that it is up and running, since now that means anyone in the entire country can consider us! We now have our paper profile circulating all throughout the state of Utah AND this internet profile which has the potential of circulating nationally! This also means we are all done with this phase in the process and can just breath a sigh of relief and WAIT! We got an email from our case-worker last week that said we had been getting lots of action on our profile and that she would be sure to contact us if anything more serious arises! So, it's good news all around and we are just so excited! We hope that all of you will share our link with anyone you know who might be considering adoption as an option! Thanks so much!
And pssst...can I share a little secret?! I know this is incredibly cheesy, but a few nights ago, when I was home alone, I went upstairs and sat on the floor in the baby room. We had just purchased this swing (one of my favorite things we have found up to this point) and after staring at it and the other baby items in the room, I reached over and turned the swing on. I just sat there watching the swing go, the sweet music playing, the mobile turning, and let myself daydream of our little baby fast asleep. I kept thinking, I can't believe, can't even begin to fathom that someday soon we will actually have a child -- OUR child! After dreaming and wishing and hoping for this to come after all these years of complete frustration, the reality of that swing moving back and forth in our BABY room made the reality of having a child so much closer. And I also realized how much my emotions have changed in the last few months. No longer are we bogged down with that overhanging cloud of frustration and disappointment. Now there is this amazing hope and excitement in the air, all around our home, and filling up our hearts! And I love Chris in so many new ways as we get ready for this miracle to come into our lives, as we work on the baby room together and pick up little baby items here and there together. This is OUR dream, and it's so close, and it makes me love Chris so much more! So, cheesy as it is, I'm gonna keep turning on this swing, keep holding up the onsies, keep buying the bottles, and keep hammering in the nails in the baby room because it is making our dream become a reality -- a reality that feels closer than it ever has before!





13 Comments:
Yea! I'm so excited. I actually was checking just the other day to see if it had been posted yet. I think you did a wonderful job on it...you are both are incredible people! It won't be long and that empty swing will be filled with a bundle of joy! I can hardly wait!
My hopes are that the baby swing is full very soon! Plus, this is the exact same swing I have that I was telling you about when you were asking for help on what to buy! It's the best thing ever! I was so excited you picked the same one! Jill (Jamie's friend)
Wow you both have done an amazing job.....
I so hope and pray that your swing with be full very soon....
You guys are pretty amazing couple and just from reading about you both.... I only wish the very beset for you guys......
just wanted to add that I did the same thing (spending time in the babys room dreaming)
and the swing was such a lifesaver for my daughter it WAS THE ONLY thing she would sleep in during the day
aaron and i were just talking yesterday about how excited we are for you guys. we cannot WAIT for this to happen. you did an amazing job on your profile! we love you guys!
Well, I read your profile and I want you to adopt me. You two will be parents in no time!
Before I had Eliza I would look through her closet and put little outfits together and sit in the rocking chair and dream of the day I would be holding my baby. When things get less than rosy I still think back to that longing and am able to gain perspective. Enjoy this time of preparation...it will soon be a sweet memory!
Tiffany
Hey Kar,
Your profile looks so good! I forwarded your email to EVERYONE in my address book... so it's definitely out there :). We love you guys so much and can't wait for that baby to come real soon!!!
Your profile looks great! I also forwarded the link to everyone on my email list. I don't know if you got my email today or not, but I know a friend of a friend who has been thinking about adoption, so I will try to get some more info for you. I think the baby is due in a few months. I'll keep you posted! Until then, good luck! Love ya!
We are so excited for you guys! Your profile is awesome. I couln't stop the flow of tears. We just think you guys are great and will be wonderful parents.
hi! i found your website thru another blog and have loved reading about your adoption journey so far.
our son joined our family via domestic adoption as a newborn. he is now 19 months old and he is our light, joy and biggest blessing.
i loved seeing the swing since its the same one he had - its now on loan to friends until our second child joins our family (hopefully in the not too distant future).
all the best to you and your family!
Kar-every mother -to -be spends many quiet moments in the baby's room pretending and imagining how fun it will soon be to play house with a "real baby". Your life will be so incredibly FULL when that sweet spirit enters your life. Keep playing "baby" and it will all happen soon. We love you two sooo much and pray for you daily.
I love this. You will be a mom soon and I am so excited that you can have fun while you wait.
What a lucky baby you are going to have - and what lucky parents he/she will make you two!
Kar, you are so sweet. It is very endearing that you share your heart like this. I have loved you for many years, and want you to know again how much I love you and how special you are! Your faith and hope and optimism are truly wonderful. I know you will be blessed with a baby very soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home