Utah Valley University!
I was erasing some pictures from my camera and realized I forgot to mention the exciting day I had at work last week. Some of you may have already heard, but UVSC has been working very hard to become a university for quite awhile now, and this last month it was officially approved to become Utah Valley University!! We had a big celebration at the school last week where Governor Huntsman came and signed the bill. It was such a cool day with so many neat speakers and guests there to celebrate this progress of our school. The highlights of my day were of course scoring one of the first t-shirts printed with the name change (seen here) and even better, meeting President Thomas S. Monson of our church's First Presidency and Governor Huntsman. We are soooo excited about this big step for our school and how it is going to help our students further their education! It was kind-of one of those cool moments in history that I felt really excited about being a part of! It has been really quite remarkable to work at the college over the last few years and to witness first-hand the incredible progress that UVSC has made, how quickly it is growing, and what a great school of higher education it has become. Go UVU!!
(And for any of you UVSC graduates out there, it was announced that you will be able to have your diploma changed to Utah Valley University, which is pretty cool, I think!)





2 Comments:
We've been kept up to date on this exciting news from Tucker's dad (who is teaching a buttload of classes there currently - yes "buttload" is an official term)
pretty exciting - now you can be an "official big shot".
Post a Comment
<< Home