Spring Fever!
Well, I was really bad about taking pictures this weekend. Usually I try and snap at least a few from the things we do, but I was a slacker! I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am depressed that I haven't received my new camera yet, and I'm getting really impatient with the waiting. I may boycott taking pictures...at least for a few days!
We did have a really nice weekend though. The weather was GORGEOUS and once again, I have SPRING FEVER! This time of year is always hard where we live because one minute it's snowing, the next you are thinking that spring has finally come! I've learned not to get too excited because I'm sure the snow will return! Friday night we took our brother, Wes, and sister, Annie out. They have been staying with us for a few months and are moving out and moving on with their young, happy, single lives! We will miss having them around and wanted to spend some time with them before they left! Luckily they will still be in the area, so we will still see them a lot, but we have really enjoyed having them around and the close relationship we have with both of them!
Saturday we ran around running our weekly errands (the ones we can never quite get to during the week) and then spent the evening relaxing and watching movies. Sunday was a busy but great day. We had two baby blessings that Chris was able to participate in -- one was Trey, our good friends' new little boy, and the other was Gauge, our sister's little boy. Both blessings were wonderful and special and we were so happy to be there to be apart of them. We were able to spend some time with Chris' family after the blessing, which is always nice. That evening we had some good friends, Karen and Fidalis, over and Chris fired up the grill for a great BBQ! Mmmm! Now if that doesn't give a person major SPRING FEVER, I don't know what else does!
Yesterday, when I got home from work, I was feeling really guilty because I haven't been spending as much time and attention on my little boy, Chase. So, we went out and had a LONG walk and it could not have been more pleasant! I was in love with the weather, sun shining, wearing my flip flops, with my boy by my side. I love to watch how curious Chase is, how he gets so excited about the world around him, and yet, he's so obedient and is so good to stay right next to me. He just trots along, sniffing the air, like there's nowhere else he would rather be. I am always so impressed because we always encounter lots of other dogs on our walks and they will be barking their fool heads off going nuts, and Chase hardly pauses to even glance at them. It's like he can't be bothered and is happy just hanging out with me! I love it! So, it's been a wonderful few days and I've got my fingers crossed that the sun will just keep on shining! I can't wait for SPRING!!
And on one final note, another result of this fabulous spring-like weather, is that I have major vacation fever! Last year at this time we were planning our trip to China, but this year we have no big plans as of yet. We may be doing Hawaii sometime this year, which would be awesome. I am just so antsy to go somewhere, anywhere! I know we probably can't because Chris just started his new job, but I just want to get away! Maybe we can figure out a weekend somewhere! Any suggestions?!





3 Comments:
Karli,
YOU'RE HOT!!!
Love you!
Chris (your husband :))
I hear you on the Spring thing. Bring on the flip-flops...I wore them to my dr's appointment just so I could make a statement...NO MORE COLD WEATHER! Hopefully it won't disappoint!
Well it feels like spring here in Tahoe and now I'm wondering why we are anxious to leave this beautiful place. Oh well spring in our new home will mean lots of fun yardwork--right Karli???
Post a Comment
<< Home