RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Happy (late) Valentine's Day!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy (late) Valentine's Day!!

Seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short on holidays! But I did want to wish everyone a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY yesterday! (I know, that really makes no sense, but it's the best I can do!) We had a wonderful day with beautiful flowers and cards, but most importantly spending some great time together.
I know that I just posted about our recent outing to the Jazz game, but I have to do a repeat because Chris' work gave him the most AWESOME seats for last night's game against the Cavs. We were sitting right above where the players run out, about 10 rows up from the court! Oh man, we were so star-struck! We were oh so close to the man, LeBOMB (or Lebron, whatever) James and it was just sooooo neat to watch him! Even his warm-ups were amazing, as he provided the fans with some entertaining pre-game dunks! Cavs fan or not, it is something pretty sweet to watch someone who is soooo good at this sport! He really is a star and yet, I find myself really liking him because he seems pretty humble about it all. We just had the best time at the game, nail-biting right down to the buzzer!

(yes, although you can't see too clearly, that is Lebron dunking, but stupid digital cameras aren't very good at capturing the moment because of the delays)

Afterwards we went to Cafe Pierpont and had a wonderful dinner. It was so nice to sit with my cute hubby and just laugh and talk and pay a little extra special attention to how grateful I feel to have Chris in my life! He's a keeper!

And on one final note, because I can't contain the excitement, Chris surprised me with a new professional camera!! It has been on the top my wish list for such a long time, but I am always too chicken to ever make big purchases for myself. So, he had been waiting for an occasion to surprise me and decided V-day was a good one! I am sooooo excited, because I have developed such a love for photography, am so fascinated and inspired by people who have that talent, and want so badly to learn how to do it better, so now I have no excuses. The only problem is that the camera is on a huge backorder and it may be several weeks before we can get it. I hope not too long, cause I'm so anxious! Thanks so much, honey -- and no complaining when I am taking a million pictures all the time!!

Oh yeah, and our home visit is today!! Can't wait, and hope we pass!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we were at the game last night too! I surprised Ryan with the tickets- he thought we were going to the gateway for a movie- he was blown away.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Good luck with your home visit! I'm sure you will pass with flying colors! Glad you guys had so much fun last night... Ry was coveting those tix all day :). I'm so excited for you to have a new camera. We need one sooo bad... Hopefully soon!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

i know about the backorder thing. aaron bought me mine way back in january and still hasn't arrived (althought it should be coming soon, finally). i am so excited to start taking pictures!

1:15 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

That was a good game last night...we watched from our front row seats in the living room! I'm so excited about the camera...did you get my email about the filter thingy??

1:55 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

hey that game looked like lots of fun--you look so cute Kar. Did you do something different with your hair? What kind of camera did you get?

11:04 PM  
Blogger The Bastian's said...

Karli, I love your hair!!! Pls let us know how everything went today. I spoke to one of the detectives I work with, it took only a couple of months before they received a call after they finalized everything, then with their second, the mother of their first child went looking for them. Their two sons are blood brothers. Anyway, I wanted you to know. Love ya, Whit

1:41 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

kar i want to know what camera you're getting. i need a good one so bad!!!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones