This is (part of) Me in a Hundred!
I first saw this on Everything I Love and My Words (two people I don't know, but I check their blogs all the time because they do amazing photography and are so creative) and have been meaning to get my list going! So, here goes! By the way, I think everyone should do this because it is a great way for people to share and learn the little details of each other's lives! Bear with me if this is more information than you ever wanted to know about me!
1. My life can be described as a big ball of sunshine with occasional rain showers.
2. I pick at my hang nails without even thinking about it. (One of my worst habits).
3. I always wanted to have greener eyes.
4. I love wearing hats.
5. I love wearing hats because 99% of the time, I do not like my hair, except for maybe the week after I get it done!
6. My husband is the best friend I have ever had.
1. My life can be described as a big ball of sunshine with occasional rain showers.
2. I pick at my hang nails without even thinking about it. (One of my worst habits).
3. I always wanted to have greener eyes.
4. I love wearing hats.
5. I love wearing hats because 99% of the time, I do not like my hair, except for maybe the week after I get it done!
6. My husband is the best friend I have ever had.
7. I am really self-conscious and worry too much about what people think of me.
8. I love being outside -- on the beach, in the mountains, or just sitting in the yard.
9. I think flowers are perfect, especially when they are given to me as a surprise.
10. The older I get, the less nerve I have.
11. I can't see very well when I drive at night.
12. I have laughed so hard, I peed my pants.
13. I love KFC mashed potatoes and McDonalds chicken mcnuggets.
14. I really like cooking, but am usually too scared to let anyone but Chris try anything I make.
15. I am horrible at baking.
16. I get so bothered and worried when someone is mad at me.
17. I often feel very left out and alone because I don't have children.
18. I want nothing more in the world than to have children.
19. I love taking showers and baths, but hate getting ready.
20. I have learned to live on about 6 hours of sleep at night, and I hate that.
21. Chris and I CANNOT get to bed before midnight.
22. I am quite shy until I get to know someone.
23. I love Dr. Pepper and don't ever plan on giving it up, unhealthy or not!
24. I HATE running.
25. I love swimming.
26. I am often too scared and too self-conscious to explore my talents or try something new.
27. My expectations of myself are usually too high, so sometimes I don't bother trying.
28. I feel completely at peace after I have just finished cleaning my house.
29. I love Christmas lights in a dark house.
30. I cry during commercials.
31. I often wonder what people REALLY think of me.
32. When I find a true friend, I am completely loyal and hang onto them for dear life.
33. I am really scared and grossed out of killing anything, including spiders and other bugs.
34. I wish that I would have continued with dancing when I was younger because I really love and miss it.
35. I love taking walks.
36. I need to slow down and spend more time just thinking.
37. My newest hobby is photography, but I still don't know what I'm doing.
38. My current big splurge wish is to have a nice camera.
39. I am inspired by so many people -- yet I usually don't think to tell them.
40. I love reality t.v. and I don't know why (Chris always says "why are you so interested in some stranger's life?").
41. Music is such an important element of my life and I wish I had a decent voice to express how music makes me feel. (But I still sing loud anyway:).
42. I hate being late.
43. I love smelling clean laundry, but hate folding it.
44. I was nominated for Homecoming queen and was Prom queen in high school...and that means absolutely nothing now!
45. I love clothes and fashion, but refuse to spend a lot of money on it (hence the reason I love Rue 21, Papaya, TJ Maxx, etc.). However I will and do splurge on a good pair of jeans!
46. I love to people-watch.
47. I learn a lot from watching people, but they usually don't realize I'm watching.
48. I played the saxaphone and piano growing up.
49. I will always want to know what it feels like to be pregnant.
50. I still can't believe that Chris chose me or understand why he did!
51. Things and words hurt more when they come from family or from people you love.
52. I love watching movies that stir emotion, whether it's fear, happiness, surprise, or sadness.
53. I hate the spider veins on my legs.
54. I have never broken a bone.
55. I am very aware and troubled by my weaknesses.
56. BUT I am pretty content with who I am.
57. I HATE mornings (probably because I never get enough sleep).
58. I am very impatient once I have an idea in my mind.
59. I love thunderstorms in the summer.
60. Chase (our dog) truly makes me happy, even if some people think we spoil him too much.
61. I don't think I'm very courageous.
62. I have a very spiritual nature.
63. I am scared of becoming a mom and think that I have had too much time to think about it!
64. I have cold hands and feet.
65. Chris lays on my side of the bed before I get in it, so that it will be warm for me.
66. I have to try new clothes on as soon as I get home to make sure they really fit, and that I really like them, but then I usually won't wear them for awhile.
67. My metabolism has changed a lot over the last few years and that really bugs me.
68. I am an avid planner (complete with lists and all), even for the littlest things, and I wish I was a little more spontaneous.
69. I am a very thankful person and try to always think of and remember my blessings.
70. If I could afford a massage every single day, I would get one!
71. I love roller coasters and amusement parks.
72. My religion is the foundation for who I am and my greatest gift.
73. I love finding decorating ideas in catalogs, and love decorating my house.
74. I would have a thousand candles burning in my house if I could -- I love them!
75. I am a romantic -- a cheesy romantic.
76. I have only used a sewing machine MAYBE 3 times in my life and still can't sew on a button very well (pathetic, I know).
77. I have a horrible memory, especially with names.
78. I have a big scar on the back of my leg that I jokingly tell people came from an animal bite or from my brother starting me on fire, but it really came from having a birthmark removed (that's just not as exciting).
79. I want to be like my mother.
80. When I gain weight, it goes straight to my gut -- so I have about 10 pounds of GUT to lose!
81. I don't like talking on the phone, but can talk for hours in person.
82. I really love sports, but seem to have "retired" from many of my usuals, while picking up many new favorites as I get older.
83. I am a creature of habit and don't usually like change.
84. I get nervous and anxious a lot.
85. I love to laugh and love to see people smile.
86. The sound of things scraping against stainless steel gives me the chills.
87. I cherish the little things in life.
88. I prefer salty over sweet (a bag of chips over chocolate, fries over cake, etc.)
89. I love smelly lotion, buy way too much of it, and still have bottles that are like 5 years old that I haven't finished using.
90. I want to be more creative.
91. I love the smell of cologne.
92. I am fascinated by sunsets.





14 Comments:
That was awesome! You are such a great person. I can't imagine how much you have gone through wanting to be a mother- Ryan and I have been trying for a year with no success and it is for a third child- it has been really hard and frustrating considering we didn't have a hard time before. Thanks for sharing- and I love your pictures. If you ever want some subjects my kids are available.
I love this! I laughed and cried as I read it. Very cool, thanks for sharing. You're amazing Karli!
i am glad that you did this as well. it is so fun to learn new things about people. i was happy to see we have a lot in common.
I saw this on those blogs too! I thought about doing it, and that's about as far as I got!
It was fun to learn more about you. You really are amazing!
Kar-I loved your 100 things--although as your mom I don't think some of them are true--you are always way too hard on yourself. But I loved reading them and appreciating what a terrific daughter we have!!
I could never think fo 100 things to write about my self--I would only get to about 20.
I'm happy Chris found someone who loves him so much! He's a great guy so that means you must be a great woman!
Ok, so ditto on #12, 20, 24, 30, 40, 94....and 32!!! Have I told you lately how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you in my life??? I DO and I AM! =)
Oh my - the one about Chris warming up your side of the bed is beyond sweet.
I still know my sister pretty well and we still are very much alike. I did enjoy learning a few things about you. I admire you. You are such a strong person!
Love ya
Fun to read Kar!! And I think you are a great photographer! love the pics!
Jamie
YAY! I'm back! Karli, I loved your list. I remember finding your little notes (thank you again!), and I don't know what you mean about not being creative. BOLOGNA spolecnice. Love Camille
OH! AND a big high five to chris for warming up your side of the bed! Everything counts in large amounts (an old depeche mode song) especially the little things. :) Love, love, love stakes.
What an eloquent post. I can't remember how I got here, but I'm glad I happened to find your blog.
Your words resonate in my heart.
Good wishes to you on your long and winding road.
Hey Karli- Your "part of me in a hundred" was really neat to read. I miss spending time with you and living upstairs from you. Thank you for giving us the idea of starting a blog and sharing things with others. I/We really enjoy what you write...your genuine feelings and your beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home