RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: It's Christmas at Temple Square!

Monday, December 04, 2006

It's Christmas at Temple Square!




We made our (first) annual trip up to Temple Square this last weekend with Ashley, Ryan, and Ryley and it was great! Decorating the house and going to Temple Square seem to be the things that really kick off the Christmas season for us and it's a tradition that we LOVE! It's always so beautiful there with the lights and the Nativities. It's more than worth braving the cold (and it was VERY cold) to walk around and enjoy the lights, and this year proved to be no different! We had a really great time with our neighbors too and are so happy to be able to share fun times with them!
I kind-of started going into that panic mode when you start to realize how much you DON'T have done to get ready for Chistmas. I think I'm not as unprepared as I feel, but I always seem to have these moments when I just know I have forgotten something! Last night, though, I was watching the Christmas devotional put on by our Church leaders and I had a much-needed reminder that I was maybe focusing on the wrong things! This truly is the season to remember our Savior and His arrival to the world, which then changed the world forever! As long as that stays in the forefront of everything that happens this season, then I will really be celebrating CHRISTmas!

6 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

SOunds fun! You should have called we probably would have met you there. I really want to go, hopefully we will make it there this year.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were going to go but it was too dang cold- we are hoping to go this weekend. I am done with my Christmas shopping- I got it done early so I could really focus on what Christmas is for and enjoy the month (it goes by too quickly!)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

that is one thing i really miss about utah, temple square at christmas time. there is nothing like it!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That was so fun! Let's really make it an annual tradition... Maybe next year Ryley will keep the mittens ON :) Let's talk soon about the Christmas friend. The devotional made me so excited to do it!!

10:09 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

Brrr...I'm glad you had a great time. We need to make a trip up there.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Grammy said...

I love temple square at Christmas time! You should come to AZ and see the Mesa Temple. It is interesting to see how they light up the palm trees. It is equally beautiful! Keep your traditions up. It makes for wonderful memories.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones