RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Thanksgiving in California

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving in California

Beautiful sunset
Camping and eating hot doggies at the beach
Chris in surfing heaven
Love at the beach!
We're back! We had the BEST time in California with Aaron, Deb, and the boys! I'm so glad we got to go! Aaron and Deb were great hosts and had so many fun things planned! We camped on the beach (an experience everyone should have at least once!), went surfing, shopping, lounged at the beach almost daily, Hotel Del Coronado (complete with an ice skating rink ON THE BEACH indeed) yummy food, and most importantly good quality time with our family! Debbie and I got to make our first Thanksgiving dinner and it was a great success! We had so much fun with Ev, Ky and Luke and seem to love them more and more each time we get to be with them! They sure love their uncle Chris and I love to watch him interact with them! Thanks so much, Aaron and Deb, for such a wonderful week with you and for the wonderful relationship we share with your family! Can't wait for the next trip! Now I gotta figure out how to get Chris out of his wetsuit -- I think he thinks that if he just keeps wearing it, somehow he will be back in California surfing again! Hehe! Love you guys!



I know I posted a bit about this before, but this is just such a special time of year for me, to take a little extra thought and time to reflect on all that I have been blessed with...and man, do I feel blessed! It seems that my greatest blessings in life may or may not be different that someone elses, but therein lies the beauty of how well my Father in Heaven knows me -- enough to bless me with those certain things that He knows will make ME happy! He knew I would need a strong yet gentle and loving husband by my side and check, got that. He knew I would need a supportive and wonderful family to enjoy my life with and check, got that. He knew I would need to know Him and His Son in a very deep and close way and so He gave me the gospel and prayer and the Spirit and everything else I would need to draw nearer to Them, so check, got that. He knew I would need good friends that I could lean on and laugh with, and check, got that many times over. And of course, the list goes on and on. I just feel that in recognizing my many blessings, I come to know and feel more personally how much my Father in Heaven loves me and knows me and that is the greatest blessing in and of itself!



I don't know if many of you do this, but I tend to find myself thinking "next year at this time..." quite a bit around holidays and this holiday season has been FULL of those thoughts. Not to get my hopes up too high, but next year at this time...I could actually be a mother!! Chris could actually be a father!! We could actually be parents!! Now that would be a Thanksgiving full of MUCH gratitude! I can't wait to see what the coming year has to offer!

3 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

Glad to hear you had so much. Seeing your pics makes me really miss Maui and all that we had there.We actually just talked with some friends from there recently and it made a bit "homesick" (if you can call it that).
Anyways-I too am so interested to see what the next yar has in store for us all!
Love ya, B

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone thinks about next year- I think! Luckily each of my years really has gotten better:) What a gift.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

we had the best time with you guys and are really looking forward to seeing you at christmas. we will have gone from beach sports to snow sports all in the same state:)
love ya guys!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones