RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Puppy Love

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Puppy Love

It's been awhile since I have endulged in a Chase post, so here's an update! Our Chaser is nearing 5 months old and he is growing way too fast! I sometimes miss the SHORT time that he was small and puppy-like! But the older he gets, the more fun he is and the more in love with him we fall. He is so attached to us and I love that! He is definitely like a little kid and takes a lot of time and effort, but he is worth every minute. I love how absolutely THRILLED he gets when we walk in the door, how he licks my feet every chance he gets (gross, huh?), how he grunts like he's in hog heaven when we scratch his hind haunches, and how he is always in a good mood, not matter what kinds of moods we're in! He's a sweetie and such a bright addition to our family! Now, if we can just get him over his SOCK obsession (he's like a moth to the flame when it comes to socks -- we can usually find a pair hanging from his mouth, if he's sneaky enough to get hold of them!).
I love this picture because it is Chase to a T! He does not hide it in the least when he needs attention. This is usually what he does when he is ready to play. He gets one of his toys and literally shoves it all over you until you finally respond! And he'll look at you like, aren't you going to play with me, pllleeeeaaassseeee?! And how can you resist that? I tell you, it's nearly impossible! The only thing that is getting tricky is that Chase still likes to play like he's a puppy (which he is) only he doesn't realize how huge and strong he is! But I love playtime with my pup! Chase loves to eat EVERYTHING, especially the things he's not supposed to! I don't think it's necessarily that he likes to EAT it, but he loves to try everything out in his mouth. This includes the leaves that are all over the ground right now. I swear everytime I bring him in from outside, he's carrying a mouth full of leaves! He is also losing his teeth right and left, which is so weird to me. I don't know why it never occured to me that dogs lose their teeth too, but apparently this is common knowledge to dog owners! Yesterday he was chewing on something and it was crunching, so I checked his mouth, and out popped a tooth! Geesh!
Chase is a CRAZY sleeper! If he is tired and you are anywhere in his vicinity, he HAS to lay by you. Last night I was making dinner in the kitchen and he came and layed on top of my feet as I stood there and stirred at the stove. If he is asleep somewhere and one of us walks into the room, he immediately gets up from where he is laying and comes to lay by us. It may sound a little annoying, but I must admit, I LOVE it. It makes me feel so loved and Chase is my special protector! It is also quite comical to watch the positions that he sleeps in. Sometimes he's rolled up in a little ball, other times he completely sprawls out, arms and legs up in the air, tongue hanging out of his mouth as if he was dead. This picture is him in one of his usual sleeping positions. And by the way, Chris is of course sitting less than a foot away from him at the computer, since Chase CANNOT sleep alone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

i know i have said this before but i cannot believe how big he has gotten. he is so cute! i love that look he gives you when he wants to play - its priceless.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these stories! Our friends just got tow chocolate lab puppies- boy and girl so they can breed them. They are named Luke and Leah. My kids have to go visit them everyday. They are growing so fast too!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

it's so funny what distinct personalities some dogs have. you seem to have gotten one full of character! he is so cute and i absolutely LOVE his sleeping position!!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones