I love my family!



My oldest brother, Jason, was in town this week, so we were able to get together last night with he and Britt's family. It was sooo nice to see everyone, especially since we don't get together as often as we like/should! Jason moved to Oregon a few months ago, and we sure miss having his family here in Utah! And yes, that is my sister Brittany with her recent BIG hair change! Ame told Britt on the way to dinner last night "Aunt Karli won't know who you are :)" And it's true -- she's hardly recognizable!
I have been thinking lately, probably as the holidays approach, just how much I love my family. I miss them so much when I don't get to see them very often. I remember the days, being the youngest, when I could hardly contain the anticipation of my older siblings coming home from college for the holidays, how I couldn't sleep until they got there (usually in the middle of the night) and how the house just came alive when everyone was home together! Now we are all grown up and our families are changing and growing and it's a new kind of excitement when I get to see them. It's the kind of excitement where I feel so happy to hear about their lives, to see how their kids are changing so much and so quickly and to see that they are happy and all unique in their own ways! I don't say it enough, but my family means the world to me and even though we won't all be together for the holidays, I cherish the times we do get to spend together and look forward to many great times in the future! That includes the bubbling excitement I have to go see Aaron and Deb and their boys next week in California! I can't wait!!!





1 Comments:
i am so happy you were all able to get together.
we are so excited to have you guys come. we miss you so much!
Post a Comment
<< Home