RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: One Proud Wife!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One Proud Wife!



This week was Chris' last finals week and though he was swamped and stressed beyond belief, he made it through and will be graduating!!! I am soooo excited and so proud of him! He made the tough decision to leave his career for awhile and go back to school, so it is so great to see the pay-off now for all of his hard work! There were times that I know he wanted to just bag the whole thing, but he stuck it out and now can enjoy the end result! On Friday, he had to go and defend his thesis, which was a BIG deal! He had to do a huge research project, that he had been doing the previous year, went to a conference to present his research to economic professionals from around the nation, then wrote a 30 page paper about it, and then had to go and defend that thesis before a panel of professors from UVSC. It went GREAT and they had nothing but the best things to say about his work! The pictures above are from his defense, including one with his favorite professor, Dr. Jeffreys. Dr. Jeffreys just took Chris right in, has mentored him, given him amazing opportunities and has just been an all-around great support to Chris. I have to take this moment to brag, because I am just so proud of Chris. I really am! And so excited to have more time now with my honey! Congrats, babe!

9 Comments:

Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

I know what it's like to finally have a husband back! Way to go Chris...hope Accounting ended up okay!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

yeah for chris! we also know the feeling and are so happy for you guys.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best feeling. You guys will NEVER regret that he got his college degree- in todays world you really need it to fall back on!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

Hey Chris, Congrats on finishing! Beth and I are also very proud of you. Now I suppose you can take some time for you and Karli and enjoy that awesome graduation present!

We love you guys,
John & Beth

3:37 PM  
Blogger The Bastian's said...

Congratulations Chris! I am so happy for the two of you. Karli, you have a lot to be proud of! We love you guys so much! Ryan and Whit

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

we are o happy for you chris!!!! (and for you having him back, kar!)

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, It's Helen!
Congtats!!!!!
Miss you guys...

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I hope to be where you are some day... all done with school and on with my life! I love you guys!
Annie

7:40 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Karli,
I love the new look of your blog!
Chris,
Congrats! Doesn't it feel good to be finished?

Tiffany

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones