Getting Closer!
Yesterday was our home visit for the adoption and although I was incredibly nervous (I don't know why), it could not have gone better! Jean came over for about 1.5 hours and it was so light and casual. We had a great time with her, just talking and laughing, and she couldn't get enough of Chase. She loved him! She had a lot of standard questions about the house, took a tour, and made sure we had all the safety things that we needed. All in all, it was pretty easy and comfortable and we just keep liking Jean more and more each time we meet with her. I can't tell you the weight lifted that I felt after yesterday. I just kinda started to get that peaceful feeling that we are almost there and that in just a few short days, everything will be in the Lord's hands. Our background checks should be back any day now, and we are finalizing and making copies of our birth parent letter and photo collages. Then, we are DONE, finally! Our profile is then sent to a committee who approves us to enter into the pool where birth mothers can look at us. Jean thought this would all be complete by the end of the month! We were talking after she left yesterday and kinda started daydreaming about the fact that we could actually have a baby really soon! The thought is overwhelming and exciting and almost too much for me to even think about! I feel so unprepared, but also like this is something we have been waiting and praying for for a very long time! For now, we are thrilled with the developments so far, and look forward with much anticipation for the next couple of weeks to finish up! We'll keep the updates coming! Thanks again for all the interest and concern! We just feel so fortunate that we have been blessed to have so many friends and family members who have intently and closely shared this experience with us! You have made the journey so much more exciting and special for us! We love you all!





10 Comments:
Yay! I'm glad your visit went well and you will be approved so soon!
One of the great things about adoption is once you find out you are receiving a placement, you don't have to wait nine months. And after all the waiting you two have already done, you deserve that.
:)
WOW lots of excitement in your life these days. Most importantly, the adoption process is going so smoothly. Keep me posted. I am so anxious and excited for you as well!
Don't worry- no one is ever "prepared". You guys are so great and I am so excited for you:)
reading about your LAST BIG HURTLE makes me so excited and thankful. I know you two will be the best parents--and soon. I am sooo very glad that we will be closer and can spoil HER ever so much. Lets get to shopping girl.....
you guys will make the best parents. we're excited for you.
Kar, I haven't visited for aswhile. It is so much fun to read your entries. You have a really great family. And you have a great husband, too. I am so excited about the next few weeks for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you two get a baby right away! It will change your life forever and make it even better. Love and prayers to you! Karla
I am so glad things went well--you were all stressed out for nothing! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys--oh, and the papers should have made it by thurs/fri--love ya!
we love getting updates, we're so excited and can't wait for this sweet baby to "be home." Thanks again for everything this past week... especially today, you have no idea what a blessing and sense of security it is to have you guys right next door. We love you and continue to pray for you through this very exciting process!
I remember Tiffany saying how stressful the home visit was, and what a relief when it was over! I'm sure you "passed" with flying colors and are THAT much closer to cuddling with your precious little one!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home