RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Welcome to Utah!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Welcome to Utah!

Trying to make sense of the garage, which by the way is bigger than our entire house -- I kid you not!
My handyman!
The happy home-owners!


This last week my parents finally offically moved into their house in Pleasant View!! Chris and I were able to go up and spend the weekend with them, helping them to get settled and set up in their BEAUTIUL new home! We (meaning Chris) set up their computer, built their ping pong table and their grill, and moved lots of boxes, while I got to help my mom decorate and come up with ideas of what she can do with her different rooms in the house. It was such a fun weekend and the best part about it is seeing how truly happy and excited my parents are! Plus the added bonus that instead of having to drive 8 hours to see them, now we just have to drive about an hour and a half! We are so excited to have them living close by and look forward to lots of fun times with them here! Welcome to Utah, mom and pops! We love you guys!


A few of you have asked about the previously mentioned cable story, so I guess I will share. I am still pretty embarrassed, but have given several people a pretty good laugh over it! We all need to have moments like this to keep us humble, if we ever think we are pretty smart! So, last weekend our cable downstairs went out and we could NOT figure out what the problem was. The cable throughout the rest of the house worked fine. We checked all the wires and connections, and decided it must have been that our cable box was bad. So, Monday we called to have someone come out, and they didn't show. Tuesday, we called, they didn't show. Finally on Wednesday (after 5 days of watching movies) Chris called and sort-of chewed the company out for not showing up and demanded that someone get out to our house. So, I came home from work that day, and they were waiting in front of the house. I let them in and after about 2o seconds, I see that the cable is working. I said, "Wow, that was fast. What was the problem?"
Then the cable guy politely, but with some apparent annoyance says, "Your t.v. was on the wrong channel." Oh man, give me a hole to crawl in! I was so embarrassed! Chase must have stepped on the remote and changed the channel, and rather than look for the easy and obvious solution to the problem, we tried to make it much more complex and finally got the cable guys out to our house...to change the channel! To quote Homer Simpson, "DOH!!!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hate when stuff like that happens! I am so jealous that your parents live close to you. That will be a blast.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Beth & John said...

Yay! I'm glad your parents are close by! That will be so much fun for all of you. Your cable story is funny...smilar to someone else I know who finally realized that the remote batteries were dead:) We used your kabob recipe this weekend-yum yum yum yum yum!

1:54 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Welcome to Utah, Asplunds! Be careful when driving - some of these people are SCARY! You have to be on guard at all times.

It's nice having your parents close - especially with the grandbabies. :)

Your cable story made me laugh. I probably would have done the same thing, so you're not alone.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

and a GREAT BIG THANKS to you two for rescuing us from total confusion assembling our new home. We had so much fun with you two this week and are so grateful for all the work you did for us. We will think of you each time we fire up the ol' grill. Love you both!!!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones